eRA Application Manager - Compliance
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
University of Colorado campuses have implemented the InfoEd Electronic Research Administration (eRA) system for supporting Research Administration activities across all campuses. Individual campuses also use other Research Administration software such as Topaz and eSirius for specific areas of Research Compliance. The eRA Application Manager - Compliance position, exists for the implementation of Electronic Research Administration (eRA) software and continued support of the eRA system for Research Compliance activities at all CU campuses. Some of the key compliance activities supported on campus include, but are not limited to, Human subjects protocol development, Human subjects IRB management, Conflict of Interest (COI) tracking and COI cycle Management. This position is tasked with understanding both common and distinct business processes among the University of Colorado's four campuses and configuring the eRA System to meet all of their needs.
The eRA Application Manager - Compliance is responsible for major areas including Service and Application Management, eRA Project Implementation and eRA Compliance and Vendor Management. This position reports to the Senior Director of Research and Grants Systems and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Service and Application Management
- Serve as the expert liaison to CU campuses to ensure all analysis, configuration, and application support efforts meet eRA compliance requirements, campus specific requirements, and are in line with industry best practices
- Coordinate with technical teams to provide access, system maintenance, and continuous support to users
- Collaborate with other eRA team members and campus module administration teams to troubleshoot eRA system problems; create supporting documents to submit in vendor ticketing systems
- Test software patches and upgrades to the eRA system as part of routine and ad-hoc release cycles; create and maintain test plans and test scripts
- Develop and maintain reports from eRA systems
- Develop and maintain training documentation, manuals, instructor guides, and job aids related to using and maintaining the system
- Review and maintain various audit logs and exception/administrative reports to identify anomalies or trends
- Provide and receive cross-training with the Research and Grants team members on InfoEd eRA and PeopleSoft Grants applications
- eRA Project Implementation
- Assist campus stakeholders and partners to include the following:
- Cross-campus stakeholder engagement and planning efforts, including scoping, resource estimation and requirements gathering
- Implementation of systems, modules, processes and reports to be compatible with eRA system
- Development of phased rollout plans for modules and services of the eRA application
- Monitor expenditures as they relate to system operating budget, provide guidance on purchasing software and hardware, and coordinate with project manager and departmental representatives on purchases
- Communicate project status and service line updates to campus stakeholders and UIS teams
- eRA Compliance and Vendor Management
- Serve as functional bridge amongst external vendors as well as internal stakeholders
- Maintain external vendor relations, specifically with InfoEd
- Participate and build relationships in industry and vendor user groups to maintain knowledge of research compliance industry and to keep up with best practices relating to eRA Compliance at other higher education institutions
- Keep cognizant of policy changes of major sponsoring agencies as they relate to Research Compliance; participate in developing campus policies by identifying areas where policies need to be developed and making recommendations for these policies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of Information Technology servicess and application management protocols and best practices
- Knowledge of project management processes
- Experience implementing and supporting complex software applications
- Experience creating documentation and project outputs with Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Effective written and oral communications skills with experience managing communications with senior leadership, project sponsors, stakeholders and software vendors
- Ability to lead through collaboration
- Demonstrated skills in facilitating the work of project teams
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. This position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $104,000 - $114,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Day: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. A combination of education, technology training, industry certifications, and related experience may substitute for a degree on a year for year basis.
- Five (5) years of professional experience supporting and implementing software applications, including:
- IT application support experience of electronic Research Administration, Research Compliance, or similar software systems
- Implementation experience spanning requirements gathering, business analysis, process mapping, configuration, testing, and production roll out
- Experience in business process development and training
- Experience working in cross-functional implementation teams
- Stakeholder and vendor management experience
- Previous experience working in a large, complex research university with multiple campuses
- 7+ years of professional experience spanning IT support and implementation
- Experience with the InfoEd eRA suite
- Experience with retrieving data and developing reports against transactional systems
- Functional application experience in a Research Compliance oriented role
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Tuesday, July 24, 2018. Those who do not apply by July 24, 2018 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by July 24, 2018.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Jul 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00695012