University of Colorado Denver
Position #735974 - Requisition 14106
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University Communications has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Marketing Specialist position.
At CU Denver, the city is our classroom and real-world experiences are standard. Located in the heart of downtown Denver, we are Colorado's only public research university. CU Denver fuels Colorado's growth and provides opportunities for students to learn with purpose across a variety of undergraduate through doctoral programs.
University Communications helps move CU Denver forward by advancing the image and reputation of the university and telling its story to key audiences. Team members build relationships with faculty, staff, students, alumni and donors to mine content that is expressed across a variety of communications platforms. The department handles strategic communications planning, media relations, issues/crisis communications, branding, marketing, advertising, executive communications, email marketing, web content development, internal communications and digital and social media. University Communications collaborates with colleagues with the university's seven schools and colleges, administrative units as well as at other CU campuses and the CU Office of the President.
We are seeking a marketing specialist to join our dynamic team of communicators. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented, service-minded project manager. You will wrangle timelines, projects and deliverables working closely with other members of University Communications in addition to other teams and stakeholders. As a member of University Communications, you will work to advance understanding and appreciation of the mission, priorities and goals of CU Denver. You have the opportunity to create and manage meaningful written communications that are seen across campus, the city and beyond. This role is responsible for supporting and executing on marketing and communication strategies, projects and events on behalf of the university and reports to the associate director of marketing.
Examples of Work Performed:
50% Marketing support
- Undertakes regular and project-based marketing and communications tasks to ensure the effective coordination and success of the department's activities
- Coordinates photography and videography for events, activities and use in communications including pre and postproduction logistics
- Assists with oversight of digital asset management system including user authorization, file preparation, and organization, categorization and distribution of assets
- Builds and maintains vendor and freelance contact lists to assist in communications projects
- Works in conjunction with other university marketing professionals to brainstorm, produce and execute marketing and communications campaigns for internal and external events and programs
- Provides consultation to schools and colleges interested in marketing planning, promotions and advertising
- Other duties as assigned
30% Content production
- Curates information for, writes and designs monthly events email for distribution to local community members
- Curates information and maintains an inventory of key research and creative work across the university
- Curates annual university data and proof points for use in key communications collateral, marketing content and reference materials
- Assists with nominations of executive leaders for awards
- Writes and edits content for marketing and communications campaign assets
- Writes and posts content for the university and University Communications websites
20% Special projects and events
- Assists with special projects and events including planning, administrative support and deliverable production and project management
- Works collaboratively with other team members within University Communications and other units or departments within the university to establish project scopes, timelines and deliverables
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $41,082 - $43,000.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, marketing, communications, public or media relations, journalism or related discipline
- Up to one year of experience working in a marketing, advertising, public relations or communications role
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours; occasionally required for special events and to meet project deadlines
- Experience with project management, timelines and ensuring on-time deliverables
- Good experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Bridge and Adobe InDesign and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience writing original marketing content for web and print media
- Experience creating individual integrated marketing communications plans
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Experience working in higher education, government or non-profit sector
- Good understanding of marketing principles
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; varies writing style to meet needs
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies
- Self-starter who can work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Confidence and good judgment to effectively interface with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills to develop collaborative and productive partnerships
- Ability to follow through on tasks with minimal supervision AND to follow guidance and direction
- Possess basic photo editing, design/layout and presentation development skills using Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of web content management systems
- Group presentation skills
- Strong internet research skills
- Detail oriented
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Andrew Ruemenapp - [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply by July 25, 2018.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 60128 - ADM-VCUC University Comm
Posting Date: Jul 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Andrew Ruemenapp
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00735974