DIRECTOR OFFICE OF PROFESSIONAL LEARNING AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
JOB NO.: 95234-LI
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: EDUC/EDUC OUTREACH GENERAL
Categories: Dean, Director, Executive, Event Planning, Program Coordination, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Instructional, Instructional Design, Management/Supervisory, Training, Employee Development
Employment Class: Limited
Position Vacancy ID: 95234-LI
Working Title: Director Office of Professional Learning and Community Engagement
Official Title: DIR, UNSPECIFIED (8)(M94DN)
Anticipated Begin Date: SEPTEMBER 01, 2018
ANNUAL (12 months)
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Master's Degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Higher Education Administration, Operations Management, Public Affairs, Arts Management, or related field is required.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
* A minimum of five years of leadership in academic entrepreneurship, program development and service delivery in higher education, non-profit, or business settings;
* Expertise in budgeting and financial analysis, including strategic planning, cost-benefit projection, project management, and feasibility studies;
* Successful experience with team building, organizational change management, and employee supervision and development;
* Expertise in building successful learning environments that support professional learning for a wide range of audiences, including virtual and hybrid learning environments;
* Demonstrated commitment to and experience working with diverse populations;
* Successful experience building teams and coalitions across sectors, within and across organizations;
* Successful experience working to facilitate organizational partnerships that result in productive projects;
* Familiarity with leadership in higher education/shared governance, and experience with education, health, or the arts preferred.
License or certificate:
The Director of Professional Learning and Community Engagement (PLACE) will build the capacity for the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Education to develop, implement and assess state-of-the-art professional learning experiences for a variety of audiences, including alumni and professionals in Wisconsin, in the Midwest, and throughout the world. The University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Education (SoE) is an international leader in research and professional preparation in education, the arts and health. The School is comprised of 10 academic departments, three major research units, and an array of outreach services. In addition to several core education programs, about half of the School's students are enrolled in fine art, dance, counseling, occupational therapy and exercise science programs. The Director will be a service-oriented project developer and manager who actively cultivates and engages in initiatives critical to the success of the School of Education. The Director will serve as a liaison between the School of Education and relevant groups outside the University, and will actively serve as a matchmaker in facilitating partnerships that enable the School of Education to fulfill the Wisconsin Idea.
The Director will report to the UW-Madison School of Education Associate Dean for Innovation, Outreach and Partnerships. In collaboration with the Associate Dean, the Director will identify opportunities for building generative professional learning opportunities that leverage the strengths and interests across the School of Education faculty, staff and students. The Director will lead market and cost-benefit analysis, construct budgets and engage in strategic planning that will articulate how programs meet the financial and social capital needs of the School of Education. The Director will recruit and supervise a staff with the requisite skills to build a world-class professional learning and community engagement office.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter, resume/cv, and a document with the contact information for three professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Jul 10 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Aug 7 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time