Assembly Hall Stagehand - State Farm Center (99529)
Assembly Hall Stagehand
State Farm Center
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Assembly Hall Stagehands assist in the preparation, maintenance, and operation of stage lighting, stage grid, and rigging; for the operation and maintenance of arena sound and lighting systems; for the set-up and moving of temporary show equipment brought to the operating unit; and for the installation and removal of theatrical scenery and house curtains.
An Assembly Hall Stagehand typically:
1. performs work required to maintain the safety, trim, and proper rigging of a grid system, battens, and winched cables
2. performs such technical specialties as the splicing of cables and ropes, the use of stage weights and stage braces, the maintenance and the correct use of tie lines, the maintenance and repair of curtains, and the periodic inspection of curtains in storage to prevent damage
3. operates the grid control panel and telemetering device
4. cuts, installs, changes, and maintains inventories of lighting gelatins
5. focuses the x-ray lights, eyeball lights, front lights, spotlights, and special lights for general and specific uses; relamps dimmers and maintains both usage records and inventories of special varieties of lamps required
6. puts into position before or during any public event the microphones designated and selects the proper types of microphones for specific purposes
7. installs and removes stage properties, house curtains within the fabric stage house, and scenery
8. maintains and operates a sound system reinforcement equipment, as well as video projection and recording equipment
1. (A) high school graduation (or equivalent) and one year of full-time professional experience working with stage equipment, sound reinforcing systems, and/or lighting for live-theater purposes
(B) two years of high school education and two years of full-time professional experience working with stage equipment, sound reinforcing systems, and/or lighting for live-theater purposes
(C) three years of full-time professional experience working with stage equipment, public address or sound reinforcing systems, and/or lighting for live-theater purposes
For more information about this classification:
This Assembly Hall Stagehand position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined. (40 hours per week, 10 months per year). The minimum salary is $20.98 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Assembly Hall Stagehand. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: State Farm Center
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Assembly Hall Stagehand - State Farm Center (99529)
Open Date: 07/10/2018
Close Date: 07/17/2018
Organization Name: State Farm Center