Customer Service Assistant - Krannert Center for the Performing Arts (99528)
Customer Service Assistant
Krannert Center for the Performing Arts
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees in this class are entry-level assistants who receive training in departmental rules, regulations, and policies and provide basic informational services to campus clients. They work under direct supervision from higher personnel.
A Customer Service Assistant typically:
• Responds to routine inquiries from clients in order to provide or clarify information on departmental services, policies, and procedures
• Researches inquiries and provides point of contact for quality control concerns and related solutions
• Composes routine correspondence and transmits information or documents using a computer or fax
• Conducts surveys and gathers data for statistical studies
• Resolves customer service complaints and refers unresolved customer grievances to designated personnel for further investigation
• Prepares information for the campus on departmental standards and policies
• Communicates with and informs campus clients on recent improvements and departmental developments
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling 18 months from the following categories:
(a) responsible work experience in customer services, public relations, office administration, business and financial operations, healthcare administration or other closely related experience
(b) college coursework as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
• 30 semester hours equals 1 year (12 months)
• 60 semester hours equals 2 years (24 months)
For more information about this classification:
This Customer Service Assistant position is a 47.5%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule varies (17.8 hours per week, 9 months per year). The minimum salary is $15.609 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Customer Service Assistant. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Krannert Center
Category: 3-Administrative Support
Title: Customer Service Assistant - Krannert Center for the Performing Arts (99528)
Open Date: 07/10/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: KCPA-Operations