Music Hist, Thry, & Ethnomusic - 134360
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The UNT College of Music is one of the world's largest and most respected comprehensive music schools. The college offers fully accredited degrees from the bachelor's to doctoral levels and is home to the world's first jazz studies program. Faculty includes internationally-acclaimed artists and scholars in performance, composition, conducting, music theory, music history, ethnomusicology and music education. The College of Music enriches the community by producing more than 1,000 diverse recitals and concerts annually. Distinguished University alumni can be found around the globe in impressive, award-winning careers across a wide-range of music professions. For more information, go to www.music.unt.edu.
The Music History, Theory, and Ethomusicology Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Assist the Division Chair, 3 Area Coordinators (Music History, Theory, Ethnomusicology) with the administrative responsibilities of these positions.
* Assist all other faculty adjuncts and TA's and TF's with routine office tasks, mailing, room reservations, etc.
* Division front person and College of Music ambassador to students and parents contacting the Division by e-mail, telephone, and in face-to-face meetings.
* Responsible for electronically submitting TA's and TF's to the payroll each long semester and student hourly employees as needed.
* Division Textbook Coordinator responsible each semester for completing textbook orders properly and turning them in to the UNT Textbook Store.
* Responsible for ordering Desk Copies each semester for Division Instructors.
* Attend faculty meetings each month during long semesters; take minutes, transcribe, and distribute minutes to faculty.
* Responsible for planning, coordinating, purchasing, setting up, hosting and cleaning up for all Division receptions.
* Responsible for maintain and updating the division website and sharepoint website and calendar.
Work is performed independently within established office policies and procedures set forth by the Dean of the College of Music, the Associate Dean of Operations, and the Division Chair. Administration Assistant reports directly to the Division Chair. Position supervises 15-18 hourly student workers (graders).
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Associate's degree and three years of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of or experience in music.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting