Administrative Assistant II (Part-Time)
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
Administrative Assistant II (PART-TIME)
Position # 00002218 - Requisition 12903
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center has an opening for a PART-TIME University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant II position.
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) resides within the School of Medicine at the Anschutz Medical Campus. AWHC is an interdisciplinary center, becoming the nation's go to source of information and programs related to wellness. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness programs and work with community interventionists to take these programs beyond the walls of the center into communities. The mission of the center is "to transform the lives of individuals and communities through science-based wellness strategies."
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center's Vision is, "a world where accumulating wellness is the norm". All endeavors at the center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach, with a common philosophy is core to the development of the center's programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, the bistro, the grocery lab, metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration it is not possible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the development of the AHWC. The center serves as a "learning lab" for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.
Nature of Work
The AHWC is seeking a part time (.50) Administrative Assistant to provide essential building and administrative support for the Center. This position will independently resolve issues and problems, prioritize tasks and work with a high degree of confidentiality as well as assist Center Executive Leadership. In addition, the administrative assistant will be responsible for providing organization and logistics support for center offerings supporting customers, research participants and educational & weight loss program participants on the campus and in the community. The ideal candidate must be able to perform tasks within established and known systems, processes, and learn baseline building operations processes.
This position will be responsible for the following duties (and other administrative duties as assigned):
- Liaison for public rooms usage /handle impact for Space, Alcohol, Capacity , VIP events and compliance
- Room scheduling and oversight (via EMS)
- Cleaning oversight/inspection for all public spaces, classrooms office spaces, clinic, lobby
- GCA coordination and follow up on service levels
- Roof Garden routine and ad hoc maintenance scheduling
- Manage routine repair and maintenance requests from building tenants
- Parking office liaison and solutions
- Routine facility work orders and follow up as approved
- Signage, compliance and university policy
- Facilities requests and follow up with center Food Vendor
- AV equipment usage and control and report maintenance issues to IT
- Copy room maintenance and inventory
- Community kitchens ( 2) cleaning supervision and coordination of repairs
- Classroom and event rooms set up and breakdown. Ordering chairs and equipment for evening programs and events and timely pick up.
- Routine purchasing of supplies for all rooms
- Badging Access (Staff and POI)
- Keys issuing and control (Staff and POI)
- Mail room and mail delivery
- Basic calendar and meeting prep for Executive Director
- Correspondence and assistance with internal and external commercial partners as assigned by Executive Director
- VIP tour coordination and off campus educations/school initiatives
- Logistical support for campus leadership and advancement office high level events ( Boardroom, Wellness lounge and Green roof )
- Assist Program Directors and the Coordinator of Wellness Programs as assigned for classroom logistics and copies of curriculum
- Assist in the coordination of center and campus sponsored special events (group wellness programs, cooking demos, health fairs etc.)
- Act as front desk liaison for Fitness Center troubleshooting any reception or administration concerns for center
- Conference call scheduling
- Center wide monthly meeting scheduling
- Student worker supervision
- Distribution of incoming faxes to the Center
- AHWC email news distribution/SOM updates
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Two years of general clerical experience
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis
- Current employee of the University of Colorado
- Associates or Bachelor's degree
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Organized and flexible approach to daily changes in tasks
- Goal setting skills and attention to detail in order to problem solve real-time issues
- Persuasive and friendly attitude towards all service providers for maximum response to needs
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, accepted theories, practices and principles of general management and administration.
- Ability to establish work priorities for student worker, delegate assignments as appropriate and follow through to ensure completion of activities.
- Ability to cooperate and support other department employees contributing to a productive and positive work environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Lindsey Renn at Lindsey.Renn@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 29, 2018 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21471 - SOM-Health and Wellness Center
Posting Date: Mar 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lindsey Renn
Posting Contact Email: Lindsey.Renn@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002128