Analyst, Sponsored Research & Programs
8AM - 5PM
$40,300 - $79,300
Provides contract and grant support for a complement of SOM units (Dean's Office, Division of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Clinical Sciences, Center for Healthy Communities, Student Affairs, Undergraduate Medical Education and Graduate Medical Education), as well as collegial collaborators, external business partners and community-based organizations. Performs analytical and administrative services to a portfolio of academic and clinical research, training, and programmatic sponsored activities. Responsible for the preparation, review, and analysis of proposals of moderate to complex scope, inclusive of generating fiscal reports for the purpose of developing program/project budgets. Maintains knowledge of current sponsor policies, government regulations, University of California protocol and procedures, and award terms and conditions.
Organization and communication skills and customer service focus.
Ability to learn and develop understanding of applicable compliance requirements related to use of human or animal subjects in research, financial conflict of interest, biosafety, etc.
Proficiency working with computer and information management systems.
Ability to perform routine financial analysis and reporting.
Ability to thrive in a busy, high-volume, and deadline driven work environment that requires coordination of multiple activities and the judgment and flexibility to reprioritize to accommodate emergency requests. Detail oriented.
Ability to learn and develop understanding of applicable federal, state, local, sponsor and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines.
Proficiency in creating and editing spreadsheets and reports using Word, Excel, or other software applications; skill in exporting/importing data from or to different software applications for data collection and retrieval. Demonstrated expertise with Excel pivot tables, and with maintaining simple or moderately complex databases; and expertise with Internet search engines for data gathering purposes.
Knowledge of major policies and procedures related to sponsored awards and regulatory compliance (e.g. OMB A-21, A-110, A-133).
Demonstrated knowledge of the University of California's financial and personnel policies and procedures and the ability to interpret them, for the purpose of project scope and budget development.
Intermediate expertise with PC applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Access, in a Windows environment. Demonstrated ability to access and retrieve information from databases using PC based front-end tools, and to develop and use various computing methodologies and techniques to translate large and complex datasets into workable forms.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview