Academic Services Professional
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Academic Services Professional
Position #713282 - Requisition #13582
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Jobs in this career family provide direct professional support for the teaching and/or educational service mission of the university. Functions include academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment and admissions, registration, financial aid, faculty affairs, library services, curriculum administration, and others involving direct support of the educational mission of an academic unit.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
The College of Nursing, Office of Academic Programs has a full-time opening for a University Staff (unclassified) Academic Services Professional. This position will oversee administrative functions related to doctoral programs and all Extended Studies Programs, including non-degree programs, global health program, and the Nursing Education Exchange (NEXus). These functions include course building, student tracking, and communicating with faculty and students. They will process student applications, track student registrations and maintain student dossiers for all extended studies programs and students. This individual will provide guidance to extended studies students related to registration. The individual will also liaise with collaborating NEXus schools to ensure transcript documentation is processed efficiently and accurately as well as attend annual and quarterly NEXus national meetings.
Additionally, this person will coordinate all aspects of special events and projects as assigned by the Associate Dean of Academic Program, such as College-wide meetings, distinguished visitors; academic retreats; campus accreditation visits. This position will provide administrative support for the Office of Academic Programs including handling procurement processes, organizing team meetings, and file maintenance as needed. Related to accreditation, this position will document Office of Academic Programs administrative processes ensuring that the academic processes are reviewed and edited as needed as outlined on the college evaluation plan.
Examples of Work Performed:
Doctoral and Extended Studies Programs (50%):
- Build Extended Studies and PhD courses in CU-SIS (Student Information System). Secure room reservations and coordinate Audio/Visual needs as requested. Track related student enrollment
- Ensure updated program information is posted to the public website and with the CU Online department. Coordinate the recruitment efforts for NEXus and Extended Studies and liaise with college marketing team as needed.
- Advise non-degree and extended studies students on their course options, track student progress once enrolled, and generate certificates of completion.
Accreditation and Evaluation (20%):
- Develop reports based on updated course evaluations and program specific evaluations; Refine reports in collaboration with the Associate Dean and report out data from evaluations to all curriculum committees on a biannual basis.
- Coordinate data aggregation efforts related to accreditation and regulatory compliance; Verify accreditation standards are met as relates to processes within the Office of Academic Programs; Suggest policies improvements to address any gaps related to accreditation standards and start drafts for any proposed changes to policies and procedures related to accreditation and regulatory compliance; Maintain various sensitive documents pertaining to accreditation and regulatory compliance for the Office of Academic Programs
Academic Programs Administrative Support (30%):
- Provide administrative support for the college Teaching Fellows Program and the Nurse Faculty Loan Program, including tracking participants, summarizing data for grant applications, organizing task force meetings, and arranging correspondence.
- Collaboratively manage Associate Dean of Academic Program's work priorities by distribution and follow up of incoming requests to appropriate staff; and tracking of committee projects and meeting agendas.
- Coordinate Academic Programs events, including arranging catering, coordinating volunteers, and generating presentations
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Two years of experience coordinating programs, business operations, and/or academic/student services.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- A master's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
- Two years of professional experience coordinating programs, business operations, and/or academic/student services in a higher education setting, directly supporting a program of study beyond the level of undergraduate programs.
- Finance/budgetary experience, such as travel and expense reconciliation, budget tracking, and/or complex report creation.
- Experience maintaining compliance with laws, regulations and/or contracts
- Experience working on an academic medical campus
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Self-directed, energetic, and able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Attentiveness to detail and data collection processes.
- Experience and expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by May 25, 2018. Those who do not apply by this date may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: May 11, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00713282