Coordinator of Graphic Services - Veterinary Medicine Administration (98496)
Coordinator of Graphic Design
College of Veterinary Medicine
The College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Illinois is seeking a Coordinator of Graphic Design to oversee the design group progress on projects, manage graphic design projects for the college, organize and coordinate various aspects of projects simultaneously while supporting the clients, editors and vendors of the Design Group at the College of Veterinary Medicine.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for providing art-direct/critiques of other design group members work while overseeing their progress on projects.
• Design graphic design projects for the college to include brochures, posters, booklets, fliers, cards and facility related projects.
• Design and produce educational materials using computer graphic techniques
• Prioritize and assign incoming jobs to graphic designers in The Design Group.
• Organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, including budgets, production schedules, due dates and billing for projects
• Work with a diverse group of individuals that includes clients, editors, and print vendors to take projects from concept to completion
• Determine project objectives and prepare specifications and cost estimates for design work as well as printing objectives (if needed).
• Provide design and software education and consultations when requested by faculty and team members
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design or graphic design-related field
• Minimum seven years of experience working in graphic design or related field. An excellent knowledge of layout and typography.
• Proficiency with computer software and traditional medical for producing graphic designs.
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Illustrator.
• Proficiency with understanding print layouts and typography.
• Knowledge of university branding and visual identity standards is preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
This is a regular, full-time (100%) academic professional position (12 month, non-tenure tract).
PROPOSED STARTING DATE:
At the conclusion of the search.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by August 1, 2018. The review of applications will begin immediately. Interviews may occur prior to August 1, 2018; however, no hiring decision will be made until after the date, and consideration will continue until suitable candidates are identified for the position. Interested applicants are invited to apply online at http://go.illinois.edu/Coordinator_GraphicDesign. Applicants should include a cover letter stating career goals and interests, resume, portfolio of work, either hard copy or URL of a website that contains their work, and names including contact information for three or more references. Questions should be directed to:
College of Veterinary Medicine
2001 S. Lincoln Avenue, Urbana, IL 61802
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Veterinary Medicine
Title: Coordinator of Graphic Services - Veterinary Medicine Administration (98496)
Open Date: 07/10/2018
Organization Name: Vet Medicine Administration