8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
The Financial Analyst provides financial and administrative support for Student Health, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Case Management. This position provides day-to-day guidance and assists with management of immediate patient and provider issues. Fiscal oversight includes preparation of Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS), Student Health Services (SHS), and Case Management ledgers, fiscal transactions, and adhering to university fiscal compliance and policies.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Skill in reading and understanding complex and/or detailed documents such as proposals, contracts, policies, and procedures.
Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
Skill in evaluating and analyzing data and information to identify patterns, trends, and relationships, and applying the concepts to formulate logical conclusions or recommendations.
Proven ability to use spreadsheet and database software for complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Has ability to independently gather required information, organize, and perform financial analysis assignments.
Proven interpersonal skills with peers throughout the organization; service orientation; critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills.
Knowledge of applicable UC policies and procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job. Demonstrated experience with UCR Financial Systems (UCRFS).
Knowledge of applicable UC Policies and procedures governing areas related to the responsibilities of the job.
Thorough knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Thorough knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview