Associate Director for Student Success and Engagement - Office of the Dean of Students (99066)
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Associate Director for Student Success and Engagement
The Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success and Engagement is seeking application for the Associate Director for Student Success and Engagement position. As a part of Student Affairs, this office provides services and programs that advance student success, inspire students to make life-long positive contributions to society, promote an inclusive environment, and enrich the University of Illinois community. Units within the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success and Engagement area include The Career Center, Illinois Leadership Center, Office of Minority Student Affairs, Testing Center, new and Transfer Student Programs, Veterans Student Support Services, Fraternity and Sorority Affairs and the Illinois Student Government.
Reporting to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success and Engagement, the Associate Director will provide support in multiple areas including advising students, facilitating processes and implementing initiatives. Specific duties include the following.
- Advise the Illinois Student Government in the development, implementation, marketing, and evaluation of programs, services and advocacy efforts that benefit the general student body.
- Serve as a liaison between the Office of the AVCSSA, the University administration, ISG, University Senate, and various other University departments.
- Assist ISG in filling seats on various University and community committees where they have designated representation.
- Provide institutional knowledge and support to the members of the ISG.
- Attend meetings of ISG; executive, leadership, general meetings, and other related meetings.
- Provide training, individual/group development, goal setting and succession planning opportunities for students involved in ISG.
- Familiarize and share information related to University policies, procedures and expectations for students involved in ISG.
- Oversee ISG budget to ensure compliance with University policies.
- Advise Campus Student Election Commission to ensure fair and organized campus elections and referenda.
- Work with Campus Student Election Commission to administer campus election and referenda activities. Guide the Commission to resolve complaints and violation issues.
- Provide training and guidance on campus rules and regulations relevant to student elections and referenda.
- Assist the CSEC to promote student involvement in campus elections.
- Collaborate with colleges across the campus on annual election of student senators, and determine student eligibility to run for a seat.
- Work with IT to develop the system to conduct the campus election and referenda.
- Provide guidance.
- Collaborate with the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics (DIA) to coordinate engagement, spirit and sportsmanship initiatives primarily focusing on Football, Men's and Women's Basketball and Volleyball.
- Coordinate hiring, training and supervision of student interns and volunteers.
- Oversee day-to-day student logistics (planning and implementation of game day activities, scheduling of volunteers, managing supplies, maintenance of social media accounts and student website and planning and implementation of special events, student-section practice sessions, athlete/team/coach appearances, Welcome Week activities, incentive programs for participants, road trips to away games, etc.)
- Oversee student engagement, spirit and sportsmanship advisory board (including representatives from the VCSA, DIA, Registered Student Organizations, the Marching Illini Band, and Illini Pride.)
- Manage student engagement, spirit and sportsmanship advisory board budget including applying for any grants/sponsorships/other funding opportunities.
- Serve as a liaison to DIA and to the Big Ten Conference spirit and sportsmanship initiatives.
- Assist with student government alumni initiatives.
- Assist with the management of student government alumni contact information.
- Compile and maintain list(s) of significant student government alumni accomplishments and student leadership positions.
- Assist with planning and implementing student government alumni events and outreach/engagement initiatives.
- Assure that Voter Registration information disseminated to all students each academic year as required by law.
- Oversee Collegiate Readership Fee and program. Promote newspaper and make it available to all students.
- Represent the Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success and Engagement on campus committees, task forces, and steering groups related to student learning and services, as appointed.
- Available to work on some of the evenings and weekends.
- Master's degree in Education, Student Development, Student Personnel or related field. A minimum of 4 years' experience in advising of student groups and coordinating programs and activities within a college or university setting.
- Demonstrated experience in leading meetings and facilitating processes.
- Demonstrated experience effectively working with a diverse student body, faculty, staff, and public is essential.
- Knowledge of student development theory is required.
- Experience in developing, presenting, and marketing of workshops, classes, and training.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships across the campus.
- Familiarity with student government and collegiate/university policies and procedures.
- Good knowledge of student election activities.
- Prior experience in budgeting and accounting.
- Ability in student supervision or personnel management.
- Experience serving as a liaison between departments and/or across work units.
- Familiarity with collegiate/university organizational structure.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time Academic Professional position.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2018
For full consideration create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, a resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by July 24, 2018. Interviews may occur before the full consideration date; however, no decision will be made before the closing date. For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Office of Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Success and Engagement
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Student Success and Engagement
Category: 5-Education and Student Services
Title: Associate Director for Student Success and Engagement - Office of the Dean of Students (99066)
Open Date: 07/10/2018
Close Date: 07/24/2018
Organization Name: Ofc Dean of Students