Administrative Coordinator Specialist
Job ID: 24622
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist (Non-Exempt)
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $5,983/month
FLSA status: Non- Exempt
San Jose State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/benefits/
About the Position
Reporting to the School Director, the Administrative Analyst/Specialist provides diverse administrative and analytical services for the School of Nursing Faculty, Staff, and Students. Assists the Director with the administrative operation of the School. Working independently under general supervision, this position performs complex administrative support to the School, including the maintenance and monitoring of the School's personnel matters and the provision of administrative and analytical support for day to day functions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzes and coordinates appointment processes for multiple budgets.
- Processes appointments and reappointments for faculty, graduate assistants, student assistants, and staff.
- Facilitates the hiring and reappointments of all part-time faculty.
- Ensures the correctness of the salary as coordinated with the School Director and Dean's Office on the workload tally sheets.
- Monitors and processes Faculty appointment paperwork for the Board of Registered Nursing.
- Maintains confidential personnel files, and other employment records for the school.
- Serves as lead coordinator and trains on-line student assistant/work-study payroll process.
- Performs activities related to payroll, including collection of payroll vouchers, payroll records, and payroll warrant distribution for faculty, staff and student assistants.
- Supports School Director by performing activities related to recruitment of faculty, staff, and students.
- Coordinates the recruitment process for tenure-track faculty ensuring required steps are followed in the recruitment and hiring process, such as maintaining applicant files, generating applicant list, corresponding with applicants to acknowledge their application, arranging travel for candidates invited to interview on campus, and preparing recruitment report to accompany final candidate's paperwork.
- When hiring staff, coordinates with HR, Dean's Office and School, coordinates interview schedule, and processes paperwork for HR.
- Processes faculty evaluations, which involves working with Personnel Committee in the typing of annual evaluations and making sure deadlines are met, coordinates distribution of faculty evaluations (SOTES/SOLATES) and scheduling and typing of faculty peer reviews.
- Processes staff annual evaluations for work lead positions, which involves providing input to the Director for performance reviews. As a work lead also coordinates, guides and instructs others to enhance productivity; assists others in priority setting; and problem-solves new issues. Responsible for staff absence management.
- Processes student assistant appointments and student assistant time approval.
- Responsible for Faculty Affairs tasks including assigned time reporting, and retention, tenure, and promotion (RTP).
- Coordinates, oversees, communicates and performs, as necessary, all administrative office operational duties including senior level administrative work for the School Director, Assistant Director, and Program Coordinators.
- Serves as a resource for the School and the public on university policy and procedures.
- Collaborates with School's Budget Analyst and Grant Project Assistant(s) to provide assistance with budget of School.
- Works with College Analyst to establish position numbers to pay faculty and staff. Assists School Director in maintaining Faculty Workload Tally Sheet.
- Provides workflow and work coordination and monitors work of part-time ASAs, and student assistants.
- Manages and maintains essential records, such as school administration files, School meeting calendar; keeps faculty and staff informed of departmental meetings and deadlines as coordinated with the School Director, Assistant Director and Program Coordinators.
- Provides support as required for department meetings, such as taking minutes, preparing agendas and semester meeting calendar, and arranging catering services.
- Processes travel authorizations and reimbursements, and reconciles charges from faculty on GoCard for travel charges.
- Creates and maintains School directories and committee lists.
- Works with campus CMS (People Soft) system to process appointments and profiles; access and utilize student information, including obtaining transcript and grade records for Director and faculty, and to research, troubleshoot and resolve academic-related problems for faculty and students.
- Liaison to the California Board of Registered Nursing related to all curriculum matters including self-study reports, approval visits, and other written documents.
- Complete surveys & reports.
- Coordinates special events and projects, utilizing organizational skills in the development, production, and completion of special department events such as department professional development activities and student/faculty activities. These include new student workshops, faculty retreats, guest speakers, etc.
- Make recommendations to Director on changes in policy and procedures that affect the School. Advise Director of office support staff needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Experience managing and coordinating a complex office.
- Demonstrated experience tracking, organizing and distributing documents, including managing and filing documents electronically.
- Demonstrated excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MS Access and Adobe Acrobat, MS
- Office, spreadsheets, reporting, Gmail.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
- Thorough knowledge of methods, procedures and practices; English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling. Ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
- Working knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database management.
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of state, federal, CSU, and SJSU policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
July 10, 2018
Application Screening begins August 3, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Note To Applicant
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046