Senior Associate Director, Admissions Marketing
Hyde Park Campus
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Senior Associate Director is an integral part of the Chicago Booth's MBA Admissions team. In conjunction with the Director of Admissions Marketing, this leadership role will plan and lead execution of short and long-term strategic marketing plans that maximize the return on program objectives. Additionally, will fully participate in all aspects of the MBA recruitment, selection, and yield process; ultimately leveraging those experiences to better inform our approach.
- Manage a prospective student lifecycle that increases awareness, engagement, and conversion activities with Chicago Booth, continually guiding audiences toward application submission and matriculation.
- Develop and execute on annual marketing, communication, and Public Relations strategies that further core department objectives. Performance and best practices should drive recommendations - this includes analysis and integration of research, key insights, and observations across a full range of mediums and tactics (e.g. video, blog, social, advertising, online chats, CRM, PR, etc.).
- Lead and project manage cross-functional marketing and communication efforts within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and distribute messaging and talking points in line with school leadership objectives and branding efforts.
- Incorporate the voice of customer across all outreach efforts and develop and foster understanding of target audiences/markets through surveys, focus groups, and A/B testing.
- Leverage learnings to innovate across pipeline development, events, and operations activities.
- Oversee a team of three direct reports, responsible for brand, social strategy, and content creation.
- Partner on marketing strategy development and further develop distinct brand positioning (voice, tone, and message) that drives end-to-end communications across the full prospective student lifecycle. Employ a fully integrated approach to Booth's marketing channels and create new opportunities for key audiences to engage Booth – both physically and virtually - ensuring consistency with the overall Booth brand.
- Develop and execute a broad communications plan for guiding prospective students towards engagement activities and application submissions. Enhance the efficacy of current outreach activities and inform new initiatives (information sessions, chats, webinars, class visits, new events, partnerships, advertising, list buying, etc.).
- Conduct MBA recruitment, evaluation, and yield activities. Duties include: being “on call” to address in-person inquiries, conducting presentations, leading panel discussions, interviewing candidates and evaluating applications, travel and planning, participating in the execution of on campus, off-campus, and digital recruitment efforts, reading and evaluating applications, and mentoring graduate student volunteers.
- Actively participate and contribute to the successful execution of on- and off-campus campaigns/programming geared toward early career pipeline development, prospective students, admitted students, current students, and alumni.
- Secure budget approval and manage the annual marketing/communication/go-to-market plan; secure advertising budget approval and manage effectively in line with objectives.
- Work with additional business units on a number of fronts:
- Identify synergies and act as a liaison on campaign development and execution with centers; develop marketing objectives, strategies, and tactics.
- Responsibility for program web presence in line with best practices; innovate and liaise with Central Marketing for changes and updates as needed.
- Participate as the partner lead on cross-department initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, top competitor brand positioning, key messages and industry trends.
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree in a marketing-, communications-, or business- related area preferred.
- Minimum of six years of experience in a content marketing/communications position required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Strong business writing background and good creative writing skills required.
- Attention to detail and experience developing, proofing, and guiding content creation; editorial or journalistic background is preferred.
- Demonstrated command of digital marketing strategies and tactics required.
- Ability to decipher marketing analytics and research for strong insights required.
- Excellent presentation and relationship-building skills required.
- Familiarity with higher education marketing and admissions strongly preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work non-traditional hours required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/