The Clinical Music Therapist will be responsible will be responsible for the day-to-day clinical duties in conjunction with the music therapy department, dividing time between UK Healthcare and Eastern State Psychiatric Hospital. This position will provide a patient centered experience when conducting music therapy sessions with adult psychiatric and medical populations; enhance patient experience by monitoring and responding to therapeutic evaluative information; respond to customer service issues in a timely manner; and maintain complete and accurate clinical documentation. Aligns the activities of students and interns with patient outcomes as assigned.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Music Therapy Board Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects (such as instruments) up to and over 50lbs; sitting at a computer workstation
for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); working in confined spaces; occasional exposure to loud noises, temperature extremes,
hazardous chemicals, bloodborne/airborne pathogens, and radiation; and occasional (
The ideal candidate will possess experience working as a music therapist with psychiatric and medical populations; have a high attention to detail and efficiency; enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; be well organized; ability to follow through on completion of tasks; possess excellent communication skills (both written & verbal); demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service, time management, judgement, and be dependable.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master's degree preferred with 1 year full time experience as a music therapist.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess the Music Therapy Board Certification (MT-BC) or are you eligible to obtain one, which would allow you to work in Kentucky?
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have working as a music therapist?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter