Associate Director, Corporate Relations
Hyde Park Campus
3035201 Bus- Corporate Relations
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
The Associate Director, Chicago Booth Corporate Relations works collaboratively with Booth and University internal partners: Admissions, Advancement, Alumni Relations, Career Services, Conference Center, Executive Education, Faculty Centers – to build school/university-wide strategic partnerships with corporations in order to maximize engagement, Booth's presence in the business community, and revenue.
Corporate engagement occurs through a strategic assessment of target firms and an alignment of their needs and interests with Booth's, and subsequent engagement to further their objectives and those of Chicago Booth.
- Proactively tracks key Corporate Relations metrics, including progress against engagement objectives and revenue raised.
- Maintains engagement and funding opportunities lists and prospect lists, for Centers, programs and other key areas.
- Plans and executes events to increase visibility of corporate partners within Booth community. With senior team, drive cross-department integration and coordination of events.
- Analyze and synthesize data to prepare reports, spreadsheets, graphs, and charts.
- Provide ongoing customer service and stewardship to companies related to overall strategic plan; coordinate and communicate internally.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and report generation of prospect information in Griffin, CRM or other databases as needed.
- Maintain website updates and content.
- Monitor Corporate Relations operating budget.
Education, Experience or Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least five years of directly related experience required.
- Work experience which demonstrates knowledge of and interest in business required.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Strong written and verbal skills required. Strong computer and software skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel; eagerness to master University databases.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required. Exceptional attention to detail required.
- The ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work successfully in a fast-paced environment required.
- Deep commitment to customer service required. Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated initiative, and the ability to work both independently and within a team required.
- Event management experience preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends required.
- Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/