Information Security Analyst
Job no: 493680
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Information Technology
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department Information Technology
Position Type Staff Full-Time
The position is responsible for implementation, monitoring, and reporting of information security controls to maintain compliance with University information security policies and programs. The ideal candidate has a strong networking background and experience developing and administering firewall rules and policies. The incumbent will keep current on information security threats and risks and lead the implementation and configuration of corresponding preventative measures including: next-generation firewalls, anti-virus software, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDS/IPS), Web Application Firewall (WAF), Identity Services, etc.
- Monitor the University's network traffic, information systems, and security logs for security incidents. Configure integrations between security tools, network infrastructure, on-site and cloud based applications to automate security incident alerting, logging, risk-assessment, and resolution.
- Participate in change control processes and implement firewall changes as approved by the Committee. Recommend changes to the Committee to tighten firewall security.
- Evaluate security tools and processes in conjunction with the Director Information Security and the IT team. Recommend improvements to security tools, configurations, processes and policies. Responsible for the hiring, coaching and development of student workers.
- Participate in business continuity, disaster recovery, and cyber incident emergency drills.
- All other duties as assigned. Must be available to be on-call occasionally during weekend hours. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- Bachelor's Degree (in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field) or equivalent work experience required.
- Must have 2-3 years of related work experience as a Security Analyst, Firewall Administrator, or equivalent work experience.
- Practical experience in a technical area such as security architecture, security operations, incident management, networking, server administration, technical customer support, etc. is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a small Information Technology Staff.
- Ability to complete tasks on time and handle multiple priorities.
- Strong understanding of NIST Cybersecurity Framework and operational implementation of controls.
- CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification), or other industry certification preferred.
Exemption Status Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check No
Required to Pass a Credit Check Yes
Additional Posting Information None
Special Applicant Instructions None
Advertised July 10, 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Robert Morris University (RMU), founded in 1921, is one of the leading universities in the Pittsburgh region. RMU provides a professionally focused education with an emphasis on engaged learning and is one of the most affordable private doctoral-level institutions in Pennsylvania. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In 2016, for the first time in its history, RMU was ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report. In 2017, RMU had among the biggest increases of all national universities in the U.S. News and World Report annual "Best Colleges" rankings released, rising 12 spots to No. 176.
Robert Morris University is dedicated to changing the lives of its students and employees so that they can go out and change the lives of others. The University combines academic excellence with a professional focus offering numerous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. In 2011, Robert Morris University was named as a "Top Workplace" by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette , which names the best places to work in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
RMU offers faculty members an environment where teaching, research and service are supported and valued.
RMU's main campus in Moon Township features 230 rolling acres and provides all the benefits of a traditional university campus, just minutes from the airport and downtown Pittsburgh.
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY VISION STATEMENT
At Robert Morris University, we believe that institutional equity reflects our continued commitment to a community where everyone is both valued and respected. Institutional equity encompasses racial, ethnic, gender and religious diversity, cultural perspectives, national origin, sexual orientation, physical ability, as well as socioeconomic contexts, and educational backgrounds. We are dedicated to developing a diverse population by fostering an environment where intellectual and social growth, individual perspectives, and all human experiences are valued. We strive to be an inclusive community that celebrates and embraces differences as a means of responding to the cultural and social demands of a global society. Inherent in our inclusion efforts is a strong commitment to intercultural and global education to produce and include citizens who will serve as educational, social, economic and cultural ambassadors to the world. Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Visit RMU's Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity