Student Assistant, Youth Technology Academy
Department: Youth Academy (4W3360)
Location: Advanced Technology Training Center
Reports To: Ex. Director
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req441
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: PT101-18
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: As program needed
Student will work on robotics projects with high school students and assist with clerical assignments that support the NSF Coordinator/Faculty member and the Youth Technology Academy program – specifically supporting the National Science Foundation and Ohio Means Jobs programming within YTA.
- Mentoring of high school students participating in the YTA projects.
- Monitoring of student progress, available to assist students with academic tutoring and completion of project outcomes under the guidance of the YTA staff.
- Light clerical duties, including filing, answering phones, calling students
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint experience needed
- Assisting YTA coordinator as needed.
- Participating in Robotics competition, including help with set-up and assisting students.
Cuyahoga Community College student enrolled in a STEM related field.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.