The Student Accounts opening is a full-time position responsible for assisting in the overall operations of student financial services, billing and receivables, and cashiering functions of the university. The Student Accounts is responsible to facilitate student success through telephone outreach and inbound calls to attain successful completion of student financial obligations to the university. The Student Accounts ensures compliance with university, state, and federal regulations along with standard accounting procedures. Requires timely and accurate processing of student accounts using Banner student information system, Customer Relationship Management and other system applications. This position works closely with the Records, Admissions, Enrollment and Financial Aid offices. This position is part of the Student Accounts office and reports directly to the Billing Supervisor in the SLC offices.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support university retention and graduation goals through outreach and inbound telephone contact.
- Detailed billing via Banner Student Information System to accurately process student account information.
- Assists students with billing and accounts receivable questions and issues.
- Processes, prepares and applies student tuition installment agreements.
- Documents and updates all contact with students in the CRM.
- Assists in the overall operations of student financial services.
- Student financial counseling for financial literacy essential in daily workload.
- Performs work daily in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Ensures compliance with university, state and federal regulations and procedures.
- Regular attendance and work accountability is required.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures Student Accounts work area is clean, organized and secure.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of general accounting and Customer Service Skills. Prior Banner system and federal financial aid regulations helpful but not required
- Must be well organized.
- Must have the ability to work independently and participate as part of a team.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working with others over the telephone, have a clear speaking voice and a personable demeanor and telephone voice.
- Must be dedicated to excellent, accurate and efficient customer service.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time
- A minimum of three years of accounting/customer service experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (preferred), or equivalent work experience in Accounting or related field.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States