Assistant Director of Admissions – transfer students
Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
This recruitment position necessitating the ability to make extensive off-campus trips; visiting NJ county colleges, as well as community colleges in contiguous states (including but not limited to: PA, NY, DE, MD). A dependable personal vehicle is recommended; although the use of a University pool vehicles is preferred.
Assist with the development of all admissions marketing/recruiting strategies including:
- Corresponding with, interviewing, evaluating, and selecting applicants for admission.
- Assist with the transfer admission process from inquiry to enrollment. Direct outreach to community college transfer counselors. Assist in all transfer services that emanate from Admissions, including recruitment, compilation and reporting of Transfer data, interpretation of State of New Jersey transfer regulations, special on-Campus events (i.e. Transfer Instant Decision Days, Transfer Open Houses) and liaisons with counseling services, Veteran Affairs and Campus Police.
- Identify eligible transfer applicants for scholarship awards.
- Assist with the development and production of year-end reports.
- Represent the College at statewide day and evening high school, community college and community events.
- Assist staff with admissions programs including EOF, open house, counselor Workshops, telephone and texting recruitment.
- Assist Coordinator of Transfer Recruitment with transfer program with community
- Assist in the coordination of admission marketing strategy for in-state and out-of-state transfer students and internal procedures for the admission process of the transfer class.
- Assist in creating and revising secondary publications.
- Assist in international student admission processing.
- Coordinate Snapshots compilation for the Admissions Office
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Enrollment Management Officer or Associate Dean of Enrollment Management.
- Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in college admissions, financial aid, advising, high school counseling or teaching.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required. Experience with Ellucian Banner and Ellucian Recruiter a plus.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- A list of three references (included in the application): Name, Company, Email address and Telephone
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.