Vice President of Enrollment Management
Johnson & Wales University, an innovative leader in experiential education and career-focused learning, is accepting applications and nominations for vice president of enrollment management at its Providence, R.I. location.
Founded in 1914, Johnson & Wales University (JWU) is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution with more than 14,000 graduate, undergraduate and online students at its four campuses in Providence, Rhode Island; North Miami, Florida; Denver, Colorado; and Charlotte, North Carolina. JWU has evolved from a world leader in culinary and hospitality to a university that provides students with opportunities in a wide breadth of industry-relevant disciplines. An innovative educational leader, the university offers degree programs in arts and sciences, business, culinary arts, design and engineering, education, health and wellness, hospitality, nutrition and physician assistant studies. Its unique model integrates arts and sciences and industry-focused education with work experience and leadership opportunities, inspiring students to achieve professional success and lifelong personal and intellectual growth. The university’s impact is global, with alumni from 124 countries pursuing careers worldwide. Johnson & Wales University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Inc. (NEASC), through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
The vice president of enrollment management works closely with the providence campus president and COO and other members of the university’s leadership team to develop and implement innovative enrollment strategies to effectively establish and meet enrollment goals. The vice president is responsible for enrolling undergraduate and graduate students (domestic and international) across all academic disciplines universitywide. This position is based in Providence, RI. The incumbent will directly oversee the Providence Campus strategy implementation and human resources, and will work collaboratively with the admissions teams at the university’s branch campuses to develop campus enrollment strategies and implement strategic plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership and strategic analysis in the development, oversight, and integration of all aspects of enrollment management including student recruitment goals.
- Works collaboratively with members of senior administration including the provost, campus presidents, and the chief financial officer to establish enrollment goals and to develop and implement strategies to accomplish those goals.
- Works collaboratively with the senior vice president of communications and the chief information officer to establish and implement marketing objectives and plans.
- Develops strategies to engage faculty and other university personnel in the execution of enrollment initiatives.
- Analyzes data and utilizes predictive and statistical modeling to create and meet enrollment goals.
- Analyzes relevant data and market trends to inform planning, decision-making, reporting, and management. Keeps each campus and college informed of trends and shifts in area demographics.
- Stays abreast of changing regulations, evolving trends, and best practices in admissions and higher education to proactively implement necessary changes so that the university achieves enrollment goals.
- Represents the university and the admissions team at various domestic and international programs, meetings, and trainings, and serves on internal and external committees and councils, as appropriate.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budget.
- Supervises and develops the department staff, facilitating professional opportunities to improve individual capability and managing performance against job accountabilities, department goals and established university, campus and department policies and procedures.
- Supervises and manages student employees to enhance their academic and professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a master’s degree
- Significant amount of leadership experience working in enrollment management, business development, research or in other related work
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional communications skills
- Master’s degree or greater in higher education or a related field of study
- Experience in international markets
- Experience with Slate and Banner
While applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is closed, interested parties are encouraged to apply by August 12, 2018 for optimal consideration. We invite you to apply on the JWU Employment Site, requisition #4740. Nominations shall be accepted at [email protected]. The university is committed to supporting applicant confidentiality.
Johnson & Wales University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.