Department Coordinator, Recruitment 3331
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Salary Range and Max Salary
The application deadline is: Monday, July 23, 2018
The salary range for this classification is: $2,846 - $4,852 monthly.
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Campus Marketing Statement
California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Department Marketing Statement
Department: College Natural Behavioral Sciences (CNBS), Mathematics Department
The College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences is one of the five main instructional units of the university. The Mathematics Department is an academic unit within the College that focuses on developing quantitative and logical-mathematical skills that equip students to fulfill personal, civic, and professional responsibilities.
Under general supervision of the Dean of College of Natural and Behavioral Sciences; the Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for performing a broad range of operational and procedural office administrative tasks for the Department. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of appointments for the Chair and faculty, coordinating and analyzing budget support, analyze expenditure reports, responsible for maintaining inventory and ordering office supplies, and responsible for the full coordination and maintaining of student and class schedule database. This position will administer the department and faculty grant accounts, assist with department events such as teas and faculty candidate visits, and responsible for the overall effective operation of the Department.
High school program, technical / vocational program or its equivalent.
Several years of related office work experience, equivalent to three years.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling, clearly organized thought using proper sentence construction.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, methods, and records retainment.
- Knowledge of proper customer service-oriented techniques.
- Knowledge of university payroll policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Expertise in using office software packages, technology, and systems.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents do not exist.
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Ability to perform business math, analyze budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- Ability to effectively write and present own reports.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Ability to maintain positive work relationships with co-workers, high-ranking administrators, faculty, students, community leaders and the public.
- Ability to identify and address training needs of support staff and students.
- Ability to exercise judgment and independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects.
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and performing work in complex situations;
- Researching and analyzing problems;
- Directing the work of teams and implementing efforts for assigned projects.
- Using software applications to prepare spreadsheets, tables, and charts;
- Performing business mathematics, analyzing budgetary data and making accurate projections as may be necessary.
40% - Provides the coordination of administrative support to the Chair and Math department. Duties include but are not limited to: coordinating and maintaining daily department calendar, screening calls and visitors, responsible for coordinating travel arrangements for faculty and candidates, process travel expense claims, faculty absence reports, requisitions, and faculty grant-related paperwork; compile and prepare data and materials for special reports and/or projects, and maintain all required material for the overall operations of the department.
30% - Coordinates and provides clerical and administrative assistance with special Department events and activities, which may include the coordination of scheduling meetings and arranging meeting locations, as well as processing conference/seminar faculty registrations. Assist with the Coordination of departmental procedures for faculty recruitment.
Based on a high level of knowledge of the Mathematics catalog, disseminate and provide accurate information to students and faculty. Submit appropriate electronic requests documenting student coursework. Provide lead work to student assistants, and provide efficient customer service to students and faculty
20% - Coordinating and analyzing budget support via PeopleSoft or related software, data entry; reconcile and analyze expenditure reports.
10% Other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor and Administrators.
To Apply Please Visit: https://www.csudh.edu/hr/job-opportunities/
To apply for this posting (Non-CSUDH Employees):
Step 1: Select and read the qualifications for the position you are interested in
Step 2: Click 'Apply Now' at the bottom of the screen
Step 3: Login or Register (Create Username and Password)
Step 4: Select apply with or without resume
Step 5: Provide contact information and answer required questions
Step 6: Click 'Submit'
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is an equal employment opportunity employer, and is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. The University actively encourages applications of all qualified individuals.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. For more information or definition of these terms please visit, http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/Supplement_English.pdf
Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771 or the Academic Affairs Personnel Services Office at (310) 243-3766.
Clery Act crime statistics for CSUDH are available at http://www.csudh.edu/dhpd/dhpd.htm, or by calling University Police at (310) 243-3639.
Upon appointment all candidates must furnish proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
The California State University is Smoke and Tobacco Free. Smoking, Vaping and other Tobacco use are Not Permitted anywhere on University property. Education Code 42356, CCR Title 5, Article 9