Early Childhood Music InstructorPosition Summary
Collaborative Participation :
Bachelors -Music EducationMinimum Requirements
Experience assisting in or teaching early childhood classes that are based on Gordon’s Music Learning Theory.Desired Qualifications
- Successful completion of an early childhood methods class or certification program in early childhood music that is based on Gordon’s music learning theory.
- Experience assisting in or teaching early childhood classes that are based on Gordon’s Music Learning Theory.
- GIML Early Childhood Certification Level 1.
- Early Childhood Movement and Music Association
- Gordon Institute of Music Learning
Cover letter and resume.Special Instructions
Applications will be reviewed as needed.Work Hours
The work hours to be determined; some local travel may be required.Website
The Michigan State University Community Music School (CMS) is the outreach arm of the MSU College of Music and has two locations to serve our communities: CMS-East Lansing and CMS-Detroit.
Our mission is to provide a creative and welcoming environment where music experiences, education, and therapy services inspire individuals at all ability levels and stages of life to achieve their personal best. Founded on the belief that music dramatically enhances the quality of life, CMS offers opportunities for the study, appreciation and therapeutic use of music while nurturing the musical development of all. Financial aid is available to those with need.MSU Statement
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.