Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 6008 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
Under the direction of the Director, IT Business Services, this position is responsible for the analysis and monitoring of the division’s budget and ensuring operations are conducted efficiently, accurately and in a timely fashion, and in collaboration with external university offices.
1. Maintain, coordinate and reconcile funding and expenses, E&G and Designated accounts, to ensure accuracy and completeness.
2. Prepare routine and ad-hoc financial reports and presentations.
3. Perform key analytical and coordination tasks in support of the annual and multi-year budget process and planning.
4. Compile and report financial information for management analysis and decision making needs.
5. Analyze budget accounts, expenditures and transfers. Investigate issues and discrepancies and research solutions. Make recommendations based on findings and prepare responses.
6. Coordinate preparation of budget with units; may provide training to others on the budget process.
7. Maintain and coordinate usage of Access databases for project allocations unit reporting and long term planning.
8. Assist in the administration of the Student Tech Fee process.
9. Actively promote a customer-oriented approach throughout IT Services.
10. May teach one credit bearing course per semester and with divisional approval.
11. Participate in professional development activities and cross-functional projects.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a closely related field.
2-5 years’ experience working in an accounting field.
2-5 years’ experience working with spreadsheets and software applications.
2-5 years’ experience monitoring, tracking, researching, and interpreting budget data.
Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed above may be substituted.
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.