Head Men’s Golf Coach
Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn University, a NCAA Division II member and a member of the Sunshine State Conference is currently accepting applications for the position of Head Men's Golf Coach.
The Head Coach Men's Golf is responsible for management and administration of all phases of a varsity intercollegiate sports program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations established by the University, Sunshine State Conference, and NCAA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Will represent the athletic department values of Spirit, Service, Strength and demonstrate excellent care for student athletes.
- Recruits high quality student-athletes.
- Organizes, supervises, coordinates, and evaluates practice sessions.
- Adheres to rules and regulations of the University, SSC, and NCAA.
- Assumes responsibility for bringing his/her staff and team to the event physically, mentally, and emotionally prepared for competition.
- Maintains self-control and exhibits sportsmanship in relations with staff, players, officials, opponents, and spectators during competitive events.
- Is receptive to high school prospects, alumni, and friends of the University.
- Uses all possible ethical means of motivation, emphasizes means of motivation and values of competitive athletics, acceptable personal behavior, decision making, and lasting values to the individual.
- Supervises full time assistant coaches, part-time assistant coaches, graduate assistants, and volunteer coaches.
- Plans for transportation, travel, lodging, and meals for team for competition.
- Follows University and departmental policies on matters relating to requisitioning and purchasing. Manages and works with given budgets.
- Works closely with trainer and team physician regarding well-being of student-athlete.
- Participates and contributes to athletics fundraising and community building.
- Schedules games and events as delegated and as outlined in the Policies and Procedures manual.
- Cooperates with the athletic administration in the implementation of Department operational procedures.
- Must represent the Lynn University Department of Athletics in a manner that will enhance and promote confidence in the athletic program.
- Other duties assigned by the athletic department.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree preferred)
- Previous collegiate coaching experience required
- Must be able to positively represent the university both internally and externally
- CPR/AED certification (renewed by university every two years)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to sit, climb or balance under 1/3 of the time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl 1/3 to 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to stand, walk, reach with hands or arms, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel over 2/3 of the time.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds over 2/3 of the time and up to 50 pounds under 1/3 of the time.
- The typical noise level of the work environment is loud.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7290.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.