Human Resources Generalist
Located on the Macon campus, this position serves as the primary Human Resources representative for the campuses of Macon and Warner Robins. In addition, it handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the entire institution resulting in periodic travel to all campuses.
Serves as the primary Human Resources representative for the Macon and Warner Robins campuses assisting employees and retirees with questions and requests. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Completing the hiring process for new faculty and staff.
- Processing background checks.
- Conducting orientation for new employees.
- Ensuring compliance with USCIS Form I-9 and E-Verify requirements.
- Maintaining all appropriate employee information in OneUSG Connect HCM system to ensure accurate pay and benefits for employees.
- Coordinating the paperwork and communication required when there is a transfer of one employee to/from another USG institution.
- Being familiar with the process and services provided by the third party administrator for USG benefits.
- Acting as a resource to all employees related to the benefit and retirement plans by providing information and answering questions for new and current employees concerning employee coverage and plan benefits.
- Monitoring various reports from the Shared Services Center (SSC) for benefits enrollment status, critical errors, pending events approval, Evidence of Insurability, and other earnings; making corrections as required that may include submitting tickets to the SSC when assistance is required.
The following responsibilities relate to the employee programs that span the entire institution:
- Posting all open applicable faculty, staff and student positions.
- Advertising of open positions both internally and externally.
- Creation of links to applications for members of search committees.
- Manually transferring electronic application materials to search committee folders.
- Maintaining accuracy and timelines of job posting.
- Creating offer letters.
- Updating organizational charts.
- Maintaining employee records.
- Ordering of office supplies and employee nametags.
- Completing requests for verification of employment.
- Serving as MGA’s point of contact for USG Well-being activities and programs.
- Providing requested reports and data from OneUSG Connect.
- Maintaining compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Assist with annual events.
- Serving as back up for Human Resources Generalist position primarily serving the Cochran, Dublin and Eastman campuses.
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field. This education requirement may be waived with an equivalent combination of education and experience. Sufficient experience to thoroughly understand the principles related to the major duties of the position, usually associated with having had a similar position for at least two years. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
SALARY: Pay Grade 17
APPLICATION DEADLINE: The position will remain posted until filled. For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, July 24, 2018.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Human Resources Generalist”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.