ASSOC DIR LEADERSHIP & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Duties: The Associate Director for Leadership Development will oversee the design, delivery, and assessment of the leadership development and staff professional development strategies within the Perelman School of Medicine (PSOM) Office of Organization Effectiveness at the University of Pennsylvania. This position is responsible for partnering with a broad range of functional area representatives and subject matter experts within the Perelman School, the University, and the Health System.
* Oversee an ongoing process which continuously enhances the knowledge and capability of front-line and mid-level leaders to effectively manage the achievement of team, departmental and school-level results.
* Design and deliver instructor-led and online learning experiences, including related tools and resources, reflecting current research in leadership development.
* Conduct individual leadership and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools.
* Provide coaching and support to key faculty and staff leaders in the creation of robust plans that address development needs.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
* Form collaborative relationships with University and Health System Human Resources leaders and Shared Services Partners to curate and connect existing resources to needs of Perelman School faculty and staff.
* Develop ad-hoc learning programs and tools to support school-wide initiatives.
* Support the training needs of divisions and departments.
* Evaluate and maintain leadership and technical competency models that facilitate the assessment of faculty and staff versus these competencies, and provide for development planning.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in training and development and/or talent management roles, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
* Master's degree in Learning & Development, Organization Development, Industrial/ Organizational Psychology, Education, or related field is strongly preferred
* Demonstrated experience designing, delivering, and evaluating enterprise-wide leadership and professional development programs
* Experience designing eLearning content
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, and the ability to adapt these skills to specific audiences
* Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client-focused, high-value consultative and/or collaborative relationships with internal clients, partners, and stakeholders
* Strong project management skills
* Supervisory experience
* Solid knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
* Must be a problem solver and be able to work independently
* Strong preference for candidates with one or more of the following certifications:
o Myers-Briggs Type Indicator(R) Certified Practitioner
o Korn Ferry (Lominger ) Voices(R) Certification (or other comparable 360 feedback instrument)
o VitalSmarts(R) Crucial Conversations(R) or Influencer(R) Certified Trainer
Reference Number: 40-29318
Salary Grade: 028
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: SM-DN Organizational Effectiveness
Job Family: B-Executive/Managerial Administration