University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Architecture and Planning
Position #684038 - Requisition 14103
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Architecture and Planning has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Operations Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The Operations Coordinator position oversees front office management for the College of Architecture and Planning (CAP) and serves as the first point of contact for CAP, providing a range of services and information to faculty, staff, students and visitors. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for assisting in creating a diverse and inclusive office environment and supporting the Student Services unit with all organizational aspects of the office. The Operations Coordinator will be required to undertake additional duties beyond day-to-day administration and focus on delivering high quality standards in service and quality assurance. The position manages and provides direction to student employees in the Student Services area of CAP. Additionally this position will provide oversight and assistance for event management including facilities coordination and logistics as well as admissions support for the Admissions and Outreach Coordinator.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Manage reception services for the CAP front desk.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise student employees working for Student Services.
- Serve as one of the points of contact regarding facilities issues or problems that occur in the College building and manage the security list.
- Working with the Visual Resources Center (VRC) Program Manager to coordinate student assistant's schedules and training sessions to accommodate Student Services and VRC job tasks.
- Manage and maintain classroom logbook by scheduling all Architecture and Planning rooms for faculty, staff, students, and outside departments or organizations.
- Manage office supply inventory; maintain inventory and place orders for coffee station supplies and equipment.
- Schedule appointments for the Student Services Department and student appointments for department chairs and associate chairs if requested.
STUDENT ADVISING & ADMISSIONS SUPPORT
- Provide information to current students regarding program requirements for all CAP programs and academic policies and advise students through registration.
- Advise current students on procedural requirements for special processes with regard to registration.
- Communicate and recruit prospective students and new students regarding student orientation requirements, special skills workshop offerings, and prerequisites for program admissions.
- Work with CAP Admissions office to coordinate graduate admissions application processing.
- Use campus student information systems to create enrollment data and query student information for programs and departments to use in course and schedule decision-making.
- Serve as the CAP point of contact for events management and oversight including coordination of logistics for college-wide events.
- Meet with and provide guidance for departments and faculty who are planning events.
- Responsible for coordinating with event host and outside vendors with logistics and college wide event preparation.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $40,000 to $50,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of experience in office coordination, events management, or in a student services position.
- Experience working in CU-SIS or other student information systems.
- Experience in using on-line event registration systems.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Flexible; collaborative, yet able to work effectively with a high degree of independence. Ability to take initiative, as well as respond to direction.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize work, attend to detail and meet deadlines. Successful experience working with multiple demands.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: General Inquires at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by July 20, 2018. Those who do not apply by July 20, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30116 - CAP-Admin & Instruction Svcs
Posting Date: Jul 9, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CAP HR
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00684038