Water Station Operator (99435)
Water Station Operator
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level assist in the operation and maintenance of water distribution systems, swimming pools, water softeners, demineralizers, carbon filters, and/or cooling towers; they may conduct pest control inspections and provide treatment. They work under general supervision from a Water Station Sub-Foreman, Foreman, or other designated supervisor.
A Water Station Operator typically:
- inspects, tests, and chemically treats water in cooling towers, softeners. and demineralizers
- maintains and cleans filters
- maintains settings and adjustments of chlorinators and water temperature controls
- assists in rodent and insect extermination (such as applying pesticides)
- reads water meters, records readings, and calculates consumption
- operates and maintains valves and flushes water lines
- collects water samples
- performs chemical tests on swimming pools with water treatment equipment
- operates, maintains, and makes minor adjustments on water processing machinery and equipment
- maintains required records (such as those related to pest control and swimming pool treatments)
- performs related duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Certification as a Public Water Supply Operator in the class appropriate to the work assignments of the position to be filled, as required by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
(For the purpose of this posting, certification is not required to be allowed to take the Water Station Operator exam.)
For more information about this classification:
Water Station Operator positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $19.66 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Water Station Operator. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Water Station Operator (99435)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations