Water Station Foreman (99434)
Water Station Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level supervise and direct all activities related to the operation and maintenance of water distribution systems, water treatment equipment, swimming pools, and pest control operation. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Water Station Foreman typically:
- directs and is responsible for the operation of water distribution systems, including operating wells
- directs rodent and insect extermination
- assumes responsibility for the operation and maintenance of swimming pools
- prepares and implements work schedules
- manages personnel matters involving selection, training, and discipline
- checks time cards and materials
- determines chlorine, iron, and alkalinity content
- inspects valves and meters
- repairs water meters
- oversees the installation and/or repair of water treatment and/or distribution facilities
- performs related duties as assigned
This position is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Water Station promotional line.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Four (4) years of work experience in the operation and maintenance of water treatment and distribution facilities
3. Certification as a Public Water Supply Operator in the class appropriate to the work assignments of the position to be filled, as required by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
For more information about this classification:
Water Station Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $18.55 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Water Station Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Water Station Foreman (99434)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations