Temperature Control Sub-Foreman (99432)
Temperature Control Sub-Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level direct and/or lead and assign work to Temperature Control Mechanics and other assigned personnel and perform skilled work in the temperature control trade as required. They work under general supervision from a designed supervisor.
A Temperature Control Sub-Foreman typically:
- assists in the direction and assignment of work to temperature control journeymen and apprentices
- orders materials for jobs; tags and stores material as necessary
- coordinates and arranges for utility outages
- conducts inspections of completed jobs to ensure temperature control work was performed as directed
- may work with project coordinators to verify scope and scheduling of temperature control work on projects and to track job progress at the work site
- provides input to the supervisor regarding personnel matters (such as job progress, schedule changes, and work performance)
- assists in training mechanics on temperature control procedures and systems
- may approve time cards
- may act for the supervisor during absences
- performs duties common to the temperature control trade as necessary
- performs related duties as assigned
This position is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Temperature Control promotional line.
1. possesses the credentials required for Level I of this series
2. two additional years of experience in the area of pneumatic, mechanical, and/or direct digital control systems in the temperature control field
For more information about this classification:
Temperature Control Sub-Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $44.04 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Temperature Control Sub-Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Temperature Control Sub-Foreman (99432)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations