Temperature Control Foreman (99428)
Temperature Control Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level supervise the work of Temperature Control Mechanics and other assigned personnel. They work under direction from a designated supervisor.
A Temperature Control Foreman typically:
- directs and supervises the work of Temperature Control Mechanics, apprentices, and other assigned personnel
- schedules work assignments for personnel, considering available funding, priorities, and seasonal demands
- controls work flow, tools, materials and equipment, transportation, and information necessary to craftsmen and the accomplishment of work assignments
- works with project coordinators to verify scope and scheduling of temperature control work for projects and to track job progress at the job site
- enforces safe working habits, including safe operation and handling of materials and equipment
- verifies time cards and material requisitions
- provides control systems design and estimates of labor and materials; coordinates system installation and troubleshooting
- trains mechanics in new temperature control procedures and systems
- maintains records and prepares reports on repairs, maintenance needs, and systems redesign
- evaluates and counsels employees on work performance
- may perform duties common to the temperature control trade as necessary
- performs related duties as assigned
This position is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Temperature Control promotional line.
1. possesses the credentials required for Level II of this series
2. two additional years of experience in the area of pneumatic, mechanical, and/or direct digital control systems in the temperature control field
For more information about this classification:
Temperature Control Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $46.04 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Temperature Control Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Temperature Control Foreman (99428)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations