Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level perform skilled work in the trade of plumber. They work under direct supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Plumber typically:
- performs duties normally required in the trade of plumber, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work;
- assigns and directs work of apprentices.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of a recognized plumber apprenticeship program or five (5) years (60 months) of full-time journey-level plumber experience.
3. Possession of current State of Illinois Plumber's License.
4. As required by position to be filled, current license/certification consistent with vehicles, machinery and equipment that is routinely used in the general occupational area.
For more information about this classification:
Plumber positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $41.54 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Plumber. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Plumber (99415)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations