Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Foreman (99411)
Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees in this class supervise the work of pipefitters, temperature control mechanics, or other similar craft and trade personnel. They work under the general direction of a designated supervisor.
A Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Foreman typically:
- directs, coordinates, and supervises the work of pipefitters, or other similar craft and trade personnel; responsible for controlling work flow, tools, equipment, and materials used on the job and information necessary for the accomplishment of work assignments
- reviews and approves the requisition of materials/equipment by assigned employees
- provides control system design and estimates of labor and materials
- participates in the management of personnel matters/activities
- selection/hiring of employees
- planning and conducting training programs for assigned employees or staff
- evaluation and counseling of employee work performance; initiates disciplinary action as necessary
- time card/sheets and leave approval
- enforces safe working habits, including safe operation and handling of materials and equipment
- works closely with project coordinates, administration, and/or other related staff to determine and coordinate projects, estimating and controlling craft-related project costs, operational needs, troubleshooting, etc.
- may perform duties specific to and normally required in the pipefitter trade and as outlined at the lower levels of this series, including duties related to refrigeration or temperature control equipment and systems, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work
- maintains records
- performs other related duties as assigned
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Pipefitter promotional line.
1. (A) Certificate of completion of Pipetrade apprenticeship under a registered Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training program AND four (4) years (48 months) of applicable experience.
(B) Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman Pipefitter, or other Pipetrade classification, with a minimum of nine (9) years (108 months) of actual work in the trade, which may have included apprenticeship and/or applicable vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Pipefitters, Pipefitter Welders, Refrigeration Mechanics, Temperature Control Mechanics, Sprinkler Fitters, and/or Oil Burner Mechanics.
For more information about this classification:
Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $46.04 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and email@example.com.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Pipefitter/Refrigeration Mechanic Foreman (99411)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations