Painter Sub-Foreman (99409)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level direct and/or lead and assign work to painters. They work under direct supervision from a painter foreman.
A Painter Sub-Foreman typically:
- performs all duties normally required in the trade of painter, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work;
- assists in the direction and assignment of work;
- verifies and approves material requisitions of employees being supervised;
- participates in the handling of personnel issues such as approving time sheets;
- acts as proxy or substitute for the foreman during absences;
- assists in and is responsible for the work of assigned painters;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Painter promotional line.
1. high school graduation or equivalent;
2. successful completion of a recognized painter apprenticeship program or four (4) years of full-time journey-level painter experience;
3. three (3) additional years of full-time journey-level painter experience;
4. as required by position to be filled, current license/certification consistent with vehicles, machinery and equipment that is routinely used in the general occupational area.
For more information about this classification:
Painter Sub-Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $36.79 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Painter Sub-Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Painter Sub-Foreman (99409)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations