Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level perform skilled duties involved in structural steel work. They work under direct supervision from a designated supervisor.
An Ironworker typically:
- raises and places fabricated structural steel members (such as girders, plates, and columns) and unites them permanently to form a completed structure or the framework of a structure
- performs rigging of hoisting equipment, erecting, riveting, and welding
- performs all duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of ironworker, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work
- performs other related duties as assigned
1. Certificate of completion of apprenticeship as an Ironworker under a registered Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training program.
2. Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman Ironworker, with a minimum of four years (48 months) of actual work at the trade, which may have included apprenticeship or vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Ironworkers i.e. raising, placing, and uniting iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks.
For more information about this classification:
Ironworker positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $32.61 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Ironworker. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Ironworker (99388)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations