Operating Engineer Foreman (99404)
Operating Engineer Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level supervise the work of operating engineers and other assigned personnel performing construction and/or maintenance work. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
An Operating Engineer Foreman typically:
- supervises operating engineers and other assigned personnel, with responsibility for recommending hiring, discipline, and performance evaluation.
- coordinates work assignments, such as cost and time estimates, scheduling, and distribution of work and equipment, as well as coordinating assignments with other work areas.
- coordinates and/or supervises the training of operating engineers and other assigned personnel.
- prepares and maintains records, such as amount of work completed, time spent per assignment, costs, materials used, attendance at and completion of training programs, etc.
- ensures that safety procedures are followed at all times.
- is accountable for the maintenance, use, and repair of assigned equipment.
- performs duties consistent with the next lower level of the series.
- performs other related duties as assigned.
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Operating Engineer promotional line.
1. Successful completion of a recognized Operating Engineer apprenticeship program or six (6) years of journey-level operating engineer experience that includes two (2) years of below-grade excavation experience.
2. Two (2) years of experience in the operation, maintenance, and minor repair of cranes or certification by the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), Crane Institute of America or similar accrediting body in the area(s) of Mobile Crane Operator, Overhead Crane Operator, or similar certification.
3. Possession of a current Forklift certification and a Rough Terrain certification.
4. Possession of a valid driver's license appropriate to the equipment to be driven.
For more information about this classification:
Operating Engineer Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $42.50 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Operating Engineer Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Operating Engineer Foreman (99404)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations