Furniture Restorer (99387)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level perform work involved in the repair and maintenance of furniture, venetian blinds, roller shades, awnings, and related furnishings. They work under direct supervision from a designated supervisor.
A Furniture Restorer typically:
- performs hand and machine work needed to make, cut, shape, assemble, and finish parts as required for the repair or renovation of furniture
- operates woodworking machines needed to cut and shape such parts from stock materials
- finishes and refinishes articles after repairs are completed
- installs, arranges, and secures springs, padding, and covering material (such as cloth or leather) to frames of chairs, seats, or other fixtures
- repairs venetian blinds (such as replacement of cords, tapes, and tilting and operating mechanisms)
- repairs or re-covers awnings
- makes or repairs roller shades
- performs related duties as assigned
Four years of experience in the repair and/or upholstering of furniture using hand and wood machine tools and equipment
For more information about this classification:
Furniture Restorer positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $36.04 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Furniture Restorer. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Furniture Restorer (99387)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations