Ironworker Foreman (99389)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level supervise the work of Ironworkers and other assigned personnel. They work under general supervision from a designated supervisor.
An Ironworker Foreman typically:
- directs and supervises the work of Ironworkers and other assigned personnel
- acts as custodian of tools, equipment, and material used on the job
- checks time cards and materials
- performs all duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of Ironworker, following recognized procedures and techniques for such work
- verifies and approves material requisitioned by employees being supervised
- maintains records
- performs other related duties as assigned
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Ironworker promotional line.
1. A. Certificate of completion of apprenticeship as an Ironworker under a registered Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training program.
B. Experience sufficient to qualify as a journeyman Ironworker, with a minimum of four years (48 months) of actual work at the trade, which may have included apprenticeship or vocational training. The trade for this purpose shall include work normally performed by Ironworkers i.e. raising, placing, and uniting iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks.
2. Four years (48 months) of additional work experience of actual work at the trade, which may include supervisory work experience related to the trade
For more information about this classification:
Ironworker Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $34.51 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Ironworker Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Ironworker Foreman (99389)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations