Construction Laborer Foreman (99363)
Construction Laborer Foreman
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level are responsible for the supervision and management of a Construction Laborer work force. They work under direction of a designated supervisor.
A Construction Laborer Foreman typically:
- supervises Construction Laborers and Construction Laborer Sub-Foremen, including recommending hiring, evaluating performance, and recommending discipline
- coordinates work assignments (such as estimating cost and time complete work, scheduling and distributing work and equipment) and coordinates assignments with other areas
- prepares and maintains records (such as work complete, time spent per project, costs, and materials used) in the Construction Laborer shop
- provides suggestions and estimates to engineers for project planning through the interpretation of blue prints, sketches, and written or verbal instructions
- ensures that safety procedures are followed
- is accountable for the care, use, replacement, and repair of assigned tools
- performs other related duties as assigned.
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working in the Construction Laborer promotional line.
Five (5) years of work experience comparable to that gained in the Construction Laborer Sub-Foreman Level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility within this trade
For more information about this classification:
Construction Laborer Foreman positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $32.31 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Construction Laborer Foreman. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 4-Crafts and Trades
Title: Construction Laborer Foreman (99363)
Open Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 07/16/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations