Talent Management Specialist
Requisition # 2018-9007
Department Operations and Planning, OIT
Category Human Resources
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Organizational Effectiveness Specialist is responsible for supporting a variety of activities that further the effectiveness of the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and advance talent management practices within the IT organization.
In this role, you will partner with other OIT and central HR talent acquisition staff to support the hiring process within the organization, which includes writing job postings and developing search plans for technology positions that range from support desk to research computing specialists. When actively recruiting for positions, you will help manage the portfolio of open positions and support the hiring managers through the OIT talent acquisition process. This includes providing candidate screening and outreach services. You will also be responsible for producing reports and metrics for talent acquisition activity.
Under the direction of your manager, you will also work on projects and initiatives that further mature talent management practices in OIT, as well as build on OIT communications and outreach programs. This includes work on reward and recognition programs, performance management tasks, technical communications, and OIT outreach events.
- Work with hiring managers, write technical job postings that focus on key role responsibilities and attract a wide candidate pool
- In partnership with Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist, participate in search planning sessions and help develop proactive recruiting plans
- Coordinate the talent acquisition process in OIT for open positions from job posting to hire, partnering with central HR as needed.
- Conduct applicant phone screens, including a general screen for technical competencies, and provide written summaries
- Orient hiring managers to the hiring and onboarding process in OIT
- Coordinate phone, video conferencing and in-person interviews between candidates and interview teams, reserving meeting room and conferencing technology services, as required.
- Manage the process to fulfill requests for temporary workers: coordinate effort between staffing agencies and hiring managers, process and track work orders, and facilitate onboarding
- Coordinate OIT's internship and summer employment programs for OIT
- In partnership with central HR talent acquisition staff, produce reports and metrics on talent acquisition activity
- Write new employee announcements and support the employee onboarding process
- Edit and/or write technical content and publish to the OIT website, SharePoint site, or ServiceNow system
- Research technology and best practices to recommend solutions that improve and streamline business processes
- Perform other duties and support special projects that relate to organizational effectiveness, as requested
- Edit various organizational communications and reports
- Assist with the design and implementation of organizational reward and recognition programs
- Develop a deep understanding of the OIT organization, departments, groups and IT services to successfully assist with the development and implementation of OIT's talent management initiatives
- A minimum of 3 years of experience providing professional organizational support
- A minimum of 3 years of experience supporting talent management efforts, including talent acquisition activity
- Experience developing and implementing business processes for organizational effectiveness
- Strong writing skills with experience writing clear and concise technical content
- Ability to assess essential and technical requirements and write effective job descriptions and postings
- Ability to envision and develop tools that support organizational effectiveness business processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to continually learn new technologies and research best practices in talent management
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage a competing set of priorities
- Experience recruiting for technical positions
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite tools, in particular InDesign and Photoshop
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and Google Drive team sites
- Familiarity with Google Apps, in particular Docs, Sheets and Slides
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent related work experience
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.