Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
The Pediatrics Cardiology Clinic is seeking a Patient Relations Assistant to be responsible for check-in and check-out patients in a high volume clinic area.
Duties will include but not limited to: respectfully acknowledging and greeting patients, patient registration, insurance verification and pre-certifications as needed.
Will establish coordination of benefits, collect insurance co-pays and fees for services not covered by insurance, schedule return appointments according to scheduling protocol and ensure timely and appropriate follow-up with patients on all appointment requests.
Must be able to work in fast paced office and maintain medical confidentiality.
Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
M3000:Peds Cardiology Clinic
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Sit for extended periods
Monday- Friday day shift
Customer service skills, time management, collaboration, attention to detail and organizational skills, MS Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Outpatient clinic experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have in a customer service position?
- More than 0, through 1 year
- More than 1 year, through 3 years
- More than 3 years, through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have experience working with children?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience using patient registration systems in a clinical environment.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter