Advanced Practice Provider I/UKHC
The Advanced Practice Provider I (APP I) is a member of the Team Blue Primary Care Clinic and has as his/her primary responsibility the management of patients.
The APP I works under direct supervision of the practice's Medical Director. The APP I has specialized skills and knowledge related to the care of the primary care patient. The participation of the APP I improves access to the practice, provides same day acute care, provides enhanced monitoring of clinically complex patients and contributes to excellence in patient care.
The APP I functions as an independent provider and has responsibility for the care of the ambulatory patient.
Advanced Practice Provider I/UKHC
M1000: Community Based Practice
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
For Nurse Practitioner applicants, active Kentucky Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) license.
For Physician Assistant applicants, current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification and active Kentucky Physician Assistant (PA) license.
Employment is contingent upon the University's verification of credentials as required by state law and University policies.
Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Nurse Practitioner or eligible to obtain license within the next nine months, or are you currently certified as a Physician Assistant by the (NCCPA) National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants or eligible to obtain certification within the next nine months? (In order to be eligible, applicant must have graduated from an accredited program or be scheduled to graduate within six months of the application.)
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience interacting with primary care physicians.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter