Custodial Team Lead
The Custodial Team Lead reports directly to the Custodial Supervisor and performs daily custodial services requirements provided within assigned zone area(s), including general cleaning and trash removal; cleaning various building room types and surfaces (i.e.) restrooms, offices, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, laboratories, elevators, medical areas, etc.; Applies proper cleaning techniques which may include: vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, stripping and waxing, dusting, spot cleaning, scrubbing, and disinfecting; Removes trash and recycling; Restocks all fixtures (toilet paper, towels, soap, and sanitizer); Utilizes various equipment (vacuum cleaners, floor machines, etc.) in completion of duties. In addition, the Custodial Team Lead supports the supervisor as well as department management in overseeing daily custodial services requirements provided by staff within assigned zone areas are successfully completed in a safe, accurate, and timely manner. They may serve as a point of contact between customers, staff, and vendors; troubleshoot service issues as necessary and implement solutions. The Custodial Team Lead stays informed of current technology trends and learns new technologies as they are developed; and strives for continuous improvement is all activities and work performance.
IEBC (Internal Employees Being Considered).
Custodial Team Lead
3CP02:Phys Plt-Custodial Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and possibly over 50lbs; Standing or walking with objects up to 25lbs; Repetitive motion.
Work is performed in assigned zone locations and employee may occasionally be exposed to elements, weather, and other non-office or inside building type conditions.
5:30am - 2:15pm; (Monday-Friday).
2:00pm - 10:30pm; (Monday-Friday).
9:30pm - 6:00am; (Monday-Friday).
3:30am - 12:00 noon; (Monday-Friday).
Hours of work may vary dependent upon situational factors and may include some nights(s), weekend(s), and holiday(s) response.
MS Windows / Office; SAP; and KRONOS.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High School + 3 years in performing custodial services.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe how your skills and experience make you a good fit for this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Why is it important for co-workers to operate as a team?
(Open Ended Question)
- * The essential job functions of this position require you to: work in a fast-paced environment; stand/walk for extended periods of time; lift, push or pull objects up to 50 pounds; and occasionally work at heights above four feet; work in confined spaces; work with exposure to loud noises, work with extreme temperatures, as well as work with hazardous chemicals and fumes. Can you perform these responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * How many years of paid experience do you have handling customer service issues?
- More than 0 years, but less than 1 year
- More than 1 year, but less than 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter