Posting # 2018-1281
Location US-WI-Eau Claire
Category Support Staff
Close Date 7/8/2018
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Hourly Pay Rate/Salary Based on hourly staff, level 5: $14.38 plus $.50 shift differential
Hours per Week 40
Work Schedule 2:30 - 11 p.m. Monday - Friday. This position is customer-focused and may require the ability to adjust schedule to meet College, department, and customer needs.
Anticipated Start Date As soon as possible
Overview and Responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for performing a variety of manual work, generally of a physical nature, related to the cleaning of Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) facilities.
- Perform normal and customary cleaning duties in offices, classrooms, and other areas of the building.
- Clean and maintain hard and carpeted floors.
- Clean restroom facilities.
- Cleaning duties include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Spot clean all walls when needed.
- Clean writing surfaces and equipment such as whiteboards, erasers, etc.
- Clean and wash lockers as needed.
- Wash all glass.
- Ensure cleaning cart is stocked with materials. Inform Crew Leader if supplies are running low.
- Replace all burned out lights.
- Handle trash and recycling.
- Help keep sidewalks and entrances free of snow, ice and litter.
- Building security (locking/unlocking campus doors).
- Perform room set-ups; including arranging classroom furniture and moving furniture/equipment.
- Ability to work with students and staff to create a pleasant environment for learning and working.
- Aptitude for accepting job responsibilities, good safety standards, and performing work without direct supervision.
- Readiness to accept job changes as needed and accept supervisor's suggestions.
- Ability to use online work-order system to manage tasks.
- Ability to assist coworkers in their areas due to absence, workload, etc.
- Ability to clean using current sanitary chemistry.
- Ability to operate equipment associated with cleaning process.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Ability to read and understand instructions, product labels, and hazardous information sheets/labels.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity and demonstrate commitment to equity, inclusion, and culturally respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Basic knowledge of and skills with technology including software programs for communication including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook.
- Minimum of two years of successful commercial cleaning experience.
- Experience working in an educational environment preferred.
- Experience in working with people and having contact with the public preferred
As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Health and dental insurance for all family members
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(B) tax deferred annuity program
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal, and sick leave
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and serves an eleven-county area in west central Wisconsin. The largest campus is located in Eau Claire and includes a Business Education Center and Health Education Center, plus a Manufacturing Education Center at the Gateway Campus and an Emergency Service Education Center and Energy Education Center at the West Campus. CVTC has regional centers in Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls. The College is one of 16 WTCS colleges located throughout the state.
CVTC offers 66 programs, over 25 certificates, and customized training to an average of 140 businesses annually. CVTC has an outstanding placement rate, with 91% of CVTC graduates are employed within six months of graduation, with 88% in a related field.
CVTC has a nationally recognized faculty and state-of-the art facilities and equipment. Business and industry leaders serve on advisory committees and help CVTC match its curriculum to the needs of today's workplace. Courses are offered at numerous locations in traditional classroom settings, as well as online and in a variety of blended and hybrid formats.
Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment, admissions, programs, or activities.
View Complete Equal Opportunity/Access Employer & Educator Statement at https://www.cvtc.edu/about-cvtc/equal-opportunity-college