Web Application Developer (Computer Programmer/Analyst 1), UCP 6
Job Title: Web Application Developer (Computer Programmer/Analyst 1), UCP 6
Job ID: 2018528
Location: Storrs Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is seeking an experienced professional to serve as the Web Application Developer. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Director of Digital Marketing, the primary duties of this position will be to support the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in developing and maintaining its websites in Drupal as well as its webforms and electronic communications in Slate. This role will be expected to apply expertise and knowledge of web development and management techniques to design, develop, analyze and maintain effective web-based applications as well as electronic communications. This individual will also research and stay apprised of emerging technologies, techniques and trends in the web development industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with supporting existing departmental websites, which are built in Drupal and hosted on Acquia as well as any web-based applications.
- Assists with developing HTML marketing emails, assuring maximum readability throughout devices.
- Collaborates with members of the systems team to effectively leverage the capabilities of the CRM system (Slate) as well as assists in maintaining Slate's webforms, marketing emails, events, etc.
- Understands project objectives, gathers project requirements, and designs web-based solutions to accomplish objectives.
- Plans, designs and develops web-based solutions, including websites, web applications, or mobile applications.
- Assists with devising a comprehensive testing plan for testing coded programs, using actual or sample input data, to verify proper program performance and efficiency of operation.
- Conducts testing and debugging of applications and sites.
- Collaborates with a cross-functional team of designers, copywriters and others.
- Prepares documentation to guide application users and provides training for users as required.
- Analyzes effectiveness of web-based applications.
- Confers with University Communications and Associate Director of Marketing and Events on all University brand standards.
- Develops queries and reports in Slate CRM.
- Demonstrates the ability to clean and verify data.
- Assists in admissions and enrollment programs such as the University-wide Open House as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer-related field and at least one year of programming experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of PHP or other object-oriented web programming language used in web application development.
- Experience in Responsive Web Design (RWD) techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in analytical reasoning and logical problem solving.
- Basic knowledge of desktop applications, such as word processor and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Job history indicating growth and development in the field.
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience in managing web, file, and application server environments.
- Experience in managing desktop computer environments.
- Experience in developing for Drupal CMS and familiarity with Acquia.
- Experience in developing HTML emails.
- Mobile development experience.
- Revision Control (Git, Subversion/SVN) experience.
- Familiarity with Slate CRM.
This is a full-time, permanent position slated to begin in early June. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
For full consideration, please submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references via UConn Jobs at www.jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions. Applicants not submitting all of the requested documentation will not be considered further in the application process. Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2018528)
This posting is slated to be removed at 11:59 p.m. EST on May 11, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honor students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and instates serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.