Program Manager, Genetic Counseling (IHP STAFF)
MGH Institute of Health Professions in Boston is an innovative and interprofessional graduate school with post-baccalaureate, direct entry-level master's and doctorate, and post-professional programs in Genetic Counseling, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant Studies, Speech-Language Pathology, Health Professions Education, and a PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences. The only degree-granting affiliate of Partners HealthCare System, the MGH Institute offers its more than 1,500 students unparalleled opportunities to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, community, and educational settings. The school, which has graduated more than 7,000 students since its 1977 founding by Massachusetts General Hospital, is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). Several programs are highly ranked by U.S. News & World Report and the school has been named a Great College to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education for the past eight years.
1. Manages and administers the program budget for the Department of Genetic Counseling.
2. Supports the Program Director, Associate Program Director, Medical Director, Director of Clinical Education, Director of Research, and other faculty in managing, administering, and coordinating the operations of the Department of Genetic Counseling.
3. Supervises any department staff and graduate assistants.
4. Coordinates departmental events.
5. Serves as program liaison to all other programs, departments, and external contacts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. In collaboration with the Program Director, develops and maintains program budget systems (personnel and operating).
2. Monitors finances within allocated resources.
3. Maintains systems for preparation and distribution of payments for term lecturers, course designers, guest lecturers, guest patients, standardized patients, extra service pay for faculty, and other as necessary.
4. Prepares and tracks departmental and special fund check requests and purchase orders.
Office Management (70%):
1. Assists Program Director with coordination and implementation of departmental projects including accreditation requirements, reports and documentation, student and faculty research programs, community outreach, interprofessional engagement, curriculum studies and revisions.
2. Analyzes, develops, implements, and monitors administrative office support systems; develops office policies and procedures; establishes, coordinates, and monitors database systems for accurate department records of faculty, adjunct faculty, lecturers, alumni, and department accomplishments, course syllabi, schedules, and student files.
3. Acts as project manager in the development and operation of department continuing education programs and is department liaison; assists Program Director, Director of Clinical Education, and other faculty with related recruitment efforts.
4. Assists in planning, preparation, and set-up for applicant interviews, new student orientation, graduation, Advisory Board meetings, and other program-related events; develops and produces brochures, recruitment materials, and specialty flyers for program activities and events.
5. Assists in the planning and updating of semester course scheduling.
6. Assists the Admissions Committee with the admissions process for the GC Program and interfaces with the Office of Student Affairs as coordinator, including design and maintenance of D2L Orientation 101.
7. Support for assigned meetings and retreats, including taking minutes, scheduling, and facilitating program activities.
8. Supports the Program Director and all Program Leadership with communication to faculty, students, and other constituencies.
9. Serves on assigned program or Institute committees as a representative of the Department of Genetic Counseling.
10. Interfaces with IHP administration to maintain up-to-date GC webpage information.
11. Facilitates protocols for and documents grievance reports and disciplinary action.
Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Will screen, hire, supervise, and train any future part-time Graduate Assistants.
Training / Time Required To Learn Job Responsibilities:
One full academic year to experience the scope and nature of the many responsibilities including those that occur annually and those that are related to the academic calendar. Personnel in similar roles in other departments are accessible for queries and guidance.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
1. Five years office experience; financial management and/or accounting background preferred.
2. Bachelors required; Master's in Business or related field desired.
Skills / Abilities / Competencies Required:
Budgetary expertise. Strong management/supervisory skills. Office Management experience. Commitment to quality customer service. Systems Development and management knowledge. Critical thinking and solution-oriented problem-solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Creative project management techniques and ability to develop new systems. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to be flexible / juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to handle confidential information with discretion. Ability to develop templates, organize technical information, and maintain functional schedules.
Knowledge of the Microsoft Suite and demonstrated ability to learn new data management systems. Knowledge of internet navigation.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute's research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Primary Location: MA-Charlestown-MGH IHP
Work Locations: MGH IHP 36 First Avenue Charlestown 02129
Organization: Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
Standard Hours: 40
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Recruiting Department: IHP SHRS
Job Posting: May 10, 2018