7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203
Closing Date: August 6, 2018
Closing Date: August 6, 2018
Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Financial Analyst in the Fiscal Office. This position requires demonstrated experience and ability to analyze and forecast budgets, identify any budget complications, and the ability to work with a variety of individuals!
Reporting to the Executive Director of Budget, this individual will need to utilize the College's new Financial Information System to review budget reports and transactions as well as assist in creating the yearly fiscal budget. The incumbent will review and approve purchases in accordance with College policies and procedures. The incumbent will assist in completing quarterly forecasts in the academic units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use Unit4 Compass (ERP system) to assist in developing, analyzing, and forecasting budgets in the Provost Office. Work with appropriate Vice Provost and/or Unit Managers to assist in the budget plan for all Academic units.
- Review and approve purchases for open budgets through work-flow.
- Conduct a monthly review of budgets versus actuals with appropriate Vice Provost or Unit Manager to assess the spending rate against the budget. Provide recommendations for preserving the unit budget.
- Identify and coordinate financial training needs for academic units within the Provost Office. Work with Executive Director of Budget to prepare training materials. Serve as a resource for staff relative to financial processes and systems.
- Establish working relationships with relevant offices within the Provost Office. Acts as the Provost Office liaison to the Fiscal Office for matters of budgeting or spending.
- Monitor all spending and budgeting to determine compliance with College guidelines.
Consult with Provost's leadership team to develop, establish and implement financial protocols in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Assist Executive Director of Budget with a variety of special projects as needed.
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of academic transactions.
- Work with Academic leadership to prepare quarterly forecasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- High level of proficiency utilizing computer based applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective interpersonal and business communication skills to provide quality staff/customer service.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy required.
- Ability and interest to learn budget software.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-464-8532. Thank you.
Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information atjobs.excelsior.edu/apply-ultipro: