The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) of the University of Miami invites applicants for a Senior Research Associate I position in Marine Biology and Fisheries.
We seek a research associate to join our group and work as a laboratory technician in the Marine Mammal Molecular Genetics laboratory. The incumbent’s primary focus will be collecting and analyzing DNA sequence and microsatellite data from a variety of marine mammal populations and species.
(1) Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biology or related field.
(2) Demonstrated experience with molecular biological techniques, particularly DNA extractions and DNA sequencing or microsatellite genotyping methodologies.
(3) Experience with analyses of population structure and diversity from genetic data.
(4) The ability and desire to work as part of a collaborative team.
(5) Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, good organizational skills and the ability to plan daily duties.
(6) Some experience working with an automated DNA sequencer and with lab management and/or mentoring undergraduates in the lab is desirable but not required.
The position will be located at the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Fisheries Science Center Protected Resources and Biodiversity Division located in Lafayette, LA.
Curriculum Vitae and the contact information for three people who can provide letters of recommendation are required.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100040277
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>