The Administrative Assistant serves as an essential member of the Student Life and Student Center Complex team and has direct reporting responsibility to the Director of Orientation & Commuter Student Involvement. The mission of the Department of Orientation & Commuter Student Involvement (OCSI) is to support new students and families through their transition to the University of Miami. OCSI facilitates programs and resources to successfully and holistically acclimate all new undergraduate students to the academic and social fabric of the institution. The overarching areas specifically include New Student Orientation, Commuter & Transfer Student Involvement, First Year Experience, and Family Programs.
The department serves as an integral part of the Division of Student Affairs and works closely with the Student Center Complex, William R. Butler Center for Volunteer Service and Leadership Development, Department of Student Activities & Student Organizations, LGBTQ Student Center, and Multicultural Student Affairs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the daily operations of the department, which includes the physical space, assisting students and their parents, faculty, and staff with customer service issues and information.
• Serve as the first point of contact for the department; Screen and direct calls and inquiries to appropriate resources.
• Address email responses to inquiries received through departmental email accounts (Orientation, Family Weekend, Family Programs), and provide email/phone follow up.
• Maintain office records, files, typing correspondence, and answering telephones.
• Maintain inventory of basic office supplies for the department, and complete orders as necessary. Responsible for functioning of copier, faxes and phones within the department.
• Monitoring expenditures, reconciling monthly and year-end financial reports, maintaining budgets on computer system, processing all documents related to purchasing, travel, interdepartmental requisitions, and business expense reimbursements; as well as working with appropriate administrative staff to resolve problems for accounts within the Department of Orientation & Commuter Student Involvement.
• Assist in managing accounts working closely with staff in Purchasing, Accounts Payable and Disbursements to ensure goods and services are acquired and paid through approved University processes. Monitor effectiveness of events through development and implementation of assessment instruments.
• Assist the Director in the solicitation, coordination, and financial processing as it relates to fundraising, and sponsor/donor cultivation to support departmental programs and services.
• Manage financials through Workday Finance.
Student Employee Management
• Work with the Director and Assistant Director to hire and manage student employees.
• Facilitate the completion of necessary onboarding processes for student workers; training and supervision of student workers, preparing work schedules, approving payroll, and supervising daily performance of assigned tasks.
• Manage personnel through Workday Human Resources.
• Assist with coordinating projects including Orientation, commuter programs, transfer programs, Family Weekend, departmental publications and other programs of the office.
• Contributes ideas and viewpoints to the Director and Assistant Director on operational and strategic plans for the department, as well as collaborative partnerships within the institution.
• Demonstrated project management, time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage details of multiple projects within firm schedules.
• Collect and prepare data for reports. Assist in the preparation of various reports (monthly, annual, etc.).
• Provide Outlook calendar scheduling support for the Director, Assistant Director, and Graduate Assistant.
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Orientation & Commuter Student Involvement.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA):
• Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of simple data processing and transmission principles.
• Ability to utilize computerized information system7s.
• Ability to read and decipher data on source documents to be entered.
• Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Skill in data entry or typing.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
• Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressive related experience.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P100040279
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>